• April 24, 2024, 01:52:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-920 unable to stream video  (Read 11880 times)

Genkaku

• Level 1 Member
DCS-920 unable to stream video
« on: June 17, 2010, 07:52:21 AM »

I recently bought 3 DCS-920 to monitor my home while at the office. However I can't seem to get the damned things to stream video using the dyndns service.

I linked my router to the dyndns account and host service. I portforward the ports my cameras are assigned.

Up to this point its all good, I can access the cameras and their settings pages while outside. However both the Java and ActiveX options for video streaming do not work. Even within the network, using their raw IPs to view the cameras the videos stream works.But putting in the hostname and port they are assigned brings up the camera page, but no video.

I can only assume the ports the video and audio run on are seperate, as when I put one camera's IP in the DMZ host on my router, it works with the DNS. Unforunately I can only do that with 1, and I'd rather not do that at all.

So any idea what ports I need to forward? If it helps I am using a Linksys WRT300N v1 running on DD-WRT v24-sp1.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-920 unable to stream video
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:46:06 PM »

Do you have UPnP port forwarding enabled on the camera under the Network settings?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Genkaku

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:08:33 PM »

Yes I do

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »

Be sure to disable any browser pop-up blockers.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

TMAN

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 10:41:14 AM »

i have a similar problem . i have 5 DCS 920 in my store,  the ISP at the store is Verizon DSL.  at my home, i also have Verizon DSL ISP , i have static IP's for all cameras, i have an account set up with a DNS and have IP Config Updater running on a pc at the store that is always on,  port forwarding on the router at the store are all set correctly,  i can view live video from home and from any one's network that is using Verizon DSL
 BUT,  when ever i am on any other ISP's network, such as Comcast cable or Sprint Broadband,  i can't get the live video .  i can get to the camera, change controls, etc but the video is somehow blocked .  it's not an issue with PC , anti-virus or anything else- it has something to do with the ISP blocking the video portion of it, and i have not been able to get a solution .  the DCS 920 has the ability to enable a second port which i have done,  8080,8081,8082,8083,8084 for each of the camera .  i remotely reach the cameras using the DNS name with :8080 , :8081 etc for each camera -  any one out there that can help me resolve the blocked video on non-Verizon DSL ISP's would be appreciated.  i have once read that the DCS 920 uses port 80,  but i can't confirm if it is true for the video portion, does it use UDP 9000 ?  when i enable the second port 808x,  i think that's just for TCP purposes , so that i can remotely reach the camera's  internal LAN static IP through the port forwarding i have set up in the router.  does the video portion coming out of the camera  use UDP 9000  ?   i am no TP expert, so don't mind me if i sound confused.

steve841

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 04:54:53 AM »

Similar issue here ...  DCS 932L ...   but Java video only ... active X works fine.

amandasmith

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »

Please see this link for configuration instructions.

http://www.support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=3108&question=DCS-910%20/%20DCS-920