• March 27, 2024, 11:41:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS5030L cant connect to WiFI - Giving up, want refund!!  (Read 7202 times)

ArvinderGill

• Level 1 Member
DCS5030L cant connect to WiFI - Giving up, want refund!!
« on: February 14, 2018, 12:56:52 AM »

>:( >:(

I had a DCS 5222L which worked very well and loved it! - moved into a new home and thought, i install a few more of DLINK Camera's - went with the DCS 5030L - the 5222L was only for my son's room.

So i bought 7 units of the DCS 5030L - and that is when my nightmare started!

the damn thing just wont connect to my WiFi signal !!!!

i have an ASUS RT-AC5300 running with tri-band signal - 2.4G, 5G#1 and 5G#2 - all on WPA2-Personal

1. When i used the DLINK Wizard on Windows - it first detected the 2.4G signal, tried to get my camera connected  and failed.
2. second attempt with the wizard on Windows - 2.4G does not show up on the list at all - but every other freaking signal not related to me shows up(neighbors) - ok...nvm
3. tried to do a manual entry - no luck either!!!!

4. reset the bloody piece of s*** - tried through mydlink lite app - by scanning the QR code - NO SUCCESS!
5. reset the bloody piece of s*** - tried through mydlink lite app - direct connect - NO SUCCESS!!
6. Plugged in RJ45 cable - works - but not what i want! - i do not want to run bloody cables all over.

7. tried to reset my 2.4G to no security - but hey, no way either. My router doesnt support WEP - and IT SHOULD NOT ANYWAYS - when checked the DCS5030L datasheet - doesnt support WEP anyways.

8. Thinking of driving down to DLINK office with 7 pieces of s*** DCS5030L and throwing it at them and ASK FOR A REFUND!

if you have problem - fix it! or get someone to help me.

jeez, its just a bloody camera - whats making it so difficult.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS5030L cant connect to WiFI - Giving up, want refund!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:50:40 AM »

Have you called tech support?

Did you try all 7 cameras and none connected??

Have you tried WPS and did it connect?

I haven't heard of any incompatibility issues with the asus router. When you enter the Wifi password, does it ever connect or just fail at that point? If you have special characters for your password, try using just numbers and letters on the router to test. Also passwords are case-sensitive.

Also just to test maybe disable WPA2 on the router and see if it connects (to rule out an encryption issue).

I usually always WPS the camera/router. Once the LED is solid green on the camera, launch the mydlink app and "add a device". Click next through the WPS screens.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:56:36 AM by GreenBay42 »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:14:57 AM »

What FW is currently loaded on the ASUS router?

Is any smart connect, beamforming or MIMO enabled on the router? Try disabling all of these and re-connect a camera. This maybe a router issue or router FW issue.

What region are you located?

>:( >:(

I had a DCS 5222L which worked very well and loved it! - moved into a new home and thought, i install a few more of DLINK Camera's - went with the DCS 5030L - the 5222L was only for my son's room.

So i bought 7 units of the DCS 5030L - and that is when my nightmare started!

the damn thing just wont connect to my WiFi signal !!!!

i have an ASUS RT-AC5300 running with tri-band signal - 2.4G, 5G#1 and 5G#2 - all on WPA2-Personal

1. When i used the DLINK Wizard on Windows - it first detected the 2.4G signal, tried to get my camera connected  and failed.
2. second attempt with the wizard on Windows - 2.4G does not show up on the list at all - but every other freaking signal not related to me shows up(neighbors) - ok...nvm
3. tried to do a manual entry - no luck either!!!!

4. reset the bloody piece of s*** - tried through mydlink lite app - by scanning the QR code - NO SUCCESS!
5. reset the bloody piece of s*** - tried through mydlink lite app - direct connect - NO SUCCESS!!
6. Plugged in RJ45 cable - works - but not what i want! - i do not want to run bloody cables all over.

7. tried to reset my 2.4G to no security - but hey, no way either. My router doesnt support WEP - and IT SHOULD NOT ANYWAYS - when checked the DCS5030L datasheet - doesnt support WEP anyways.

8. Thinking of driving down to DLINK office with 7 pieces of s*** DCS5030L and throwing it at them and ASK FOR A REFUND!

if you have problem - fix it! or get someone to help me.

jeez, its just a bloody camera - whats making it so difficult.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

ArvinderGill

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 01:30:55 AM »

Have you called tech support?

Yes - they told me to ditch the wizard and mydlink lite app - try using the administration webUI - wireless settings - still no success in getting it connected

Did you try all 7 cameras and none connected??

i have 7 - tried with 4 - did not open the packaging for the other 3.

Have you tried WPS and did it connect?

Yes - no it did not connect

I haven't heard of any incompatibility issues with the asus router. When you enter the Wifi password, does it ever connect or just fail at that point? If you have special characters for your password, try using just numbers and letters on the router to test. Also passwords are case-sensitive.

Yes - i have special characters in my password - its meant to be strong. nonetheless, i will give this a shot - if this works, these camera's have poor security standards.

Also just to test maybe disable WPA2 on the router and see if it connects (to rule out an encryption issue).

I disabled it completely - for a brief time - my WiFi was open - no ecryption, whatsoever, still no luck

I usually always WPS the camera/router. Once the LED is solid green on the camera, launch the mydlink app and "add a device". Click next through the WPS screens.

this does not work for me, unfortunately.

ArvinderGill

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 01:49:10 AM »

What FW is currently loaded on the ASUS router?

checked today - there is a new FW to update - one fix says issues with Ecryption and Auth. lets see how this works out.

Is any smart connect, beamforming or MIMO enabled on the router? Try disabling all of these and re-connect a camera. This maybe a router issue or router FW issue.

I doubt these are the root causes - i also tried previously with a TP-LINK router, a lower end without all these features. still no luck.
What is really confusing is the DCS 5222L connects perfectly - and works like a charm.

What region are you located?
KL - Malaysia

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 11:01:33 AM »

Let us know how the new router FW works out...

if nothing changes, you will need to phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.