• March 28, 2024, 01:29:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 128854 times)

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 09:18:26 PM »

Hi thanks for the response. I don't use the D Link software at all so that event trigger wont work for me and possibly others who choose to use the Synology surveillance station software instead.

Like I said, the 942L and the 5222L have the ability to switch the PIR on and off in the motion detection settings page (this is a check box). I then let the camera handle movement detection via PIR only and then it records it via the Surveillance station software to the NAS.

I'm sure that this ability can be added to this camera via firmware.

How about some screen grabs?

Sounds like you should be complaining about Synology crap

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 09:23:33 PM »

Hi thanks for the response. I don't use the D Link software at all so that event trigger wont work for me and possibly others who choose to use the Synology surveillance station software instead.

Like I said, the 942L and the 5222L have the ability to switch the PIR on and off in the motion detection settings page (this is a check box). I then let the camera handle movement detection via PIR only and then it records it via the Surveillance station software to the NAS.

I'm sure that this ability can be added to this camera via firmware.

And you said nothing about the 5222L previously, only the 942l.

the 5222L firmware isn't the same beast as the 2132L.

The 2132L is similar to the dcs-2230.

*I have all 3, and I see the differences in the f/w.

By what you are trying to say, the 5222L might be similar to the 942L firmware. I'm not buying a 942L to find out. 

IMHO - the 5222l f/w is probably end of life. the 2132l/2230 f/w is probably what is going forward.  but what do I know. I don't work there.  And no one from there would probably say anything anyways.

jpms

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 09:39:15 PM »

All I'm trying to say is that they all have an on-board PIR and even though they are all different beasts - I'm sure a simple switch via a check box can be put in so I can either control movement via video motion or motion via PIR.
I would like to get a couple of screen grabs - but I'm having trouble attaching them. You can see what I mean in the 942L instruction manual page 37.
Anyway, all I would like is for this suggestion to be put on the Wishlist.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:33:15 AM by jpms »

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 11:27:34 AM »

SEPARATE MAC ADDRESSES FOR WIRED VS WI-FI!

With both wired and wi-fi connected, say during configuration, the network has multiple paths to the mac address, and the network goes nuts, dropping every other packet.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »

All I'm trying to say is that they all have an on-board PIR and even though they are all different beasts - I'm sure a simple switch via a check box can be put in so I can either control movement via video motion or motion via PIR.
I would like to get a couple of screen grabs - but I'm having trouble attaching them. You can see what I mean in the 942L instruction manual page 37.
Anyway, all I would like is for this suggestion to be put on the Wishlist.

I've been using http://postimage.org/ for screen grabs.. I believe it's the first forum option, copy their link and use it here.

jpms

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »

Thanks for your help RYAT3.
The first image shows that you can manually enable the PIR detector if you would like to use it for motion detection rather than using Video Motion.
The second image shows that the 2132L doesn't have this setting.
It would be a nice thing to have on the 2132L too. 

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »

Thanks for your help RYAT3.
The first image shows that you can manually enable the PIR detector if you would like to use it for motion detection rather than using Video Motion.
The second image shows that the 2132L doesn't have this setting.
It would be a nice thing to have on the 2132L too. 

Like I posted earlier, it isn't necessary to be there.

It's separate and no longer together.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50312.msg204807#msg204807

in my image, you set the event for the last option, "passive infrared sensor"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:41:59 PM by RYAT3 »

jpms

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »

Yes, I agree if you use the D-Link software to take care of things. However, the event trigger for PIR detection does not work with the Synology Surveillance station software that I'm using, and this is not a Synology issue. The surveillance station software doesn't' care which method the camera is using for motion detection.

All I ask is that a check box be put in like the 942L camera for us folk that have purchased the hardware, and don't use D-Link software. This has worked well for for me the 942L.

This is not a complaint - just a suggestion for the wishlist.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 09:50:47 PM »

Yes, I agree if you use the D-Link software to take care of things. However, the event trigger for PIR detection does not work with the Synology Surveillance station software that I'm using, and this is not a Synology issue. The surveillance station software doesn't' care which method the camera is using for motion detection.

All I ask is that a check box be put in like the 942L camera for us folk that have purchased the hardware, and don't use D-Link software. This has worked well for for me the 942L.

Sorry bro... like I mentioned earlier, I have no clue about that Synology stuff.

At least we got that flushed out..

oranges

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 06:59:21 AM »

In the Event Setup section when you create a new event I would like to see the Periodic trigger be measured in seconds NOT minutes. With the shortest time being .5 seconds.
DIR-655 Router
Buffallo Linkstation Live 1TB
DCS-932L
DCS-2132L

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 08:33:46 AM »

- More than 2 events in Event Setup (3 or 4 events would be great).

+1 on events. 2 is ludicrous. 3 or 4 will not be nearly enough.

e.g. How about an SMTP at each boot? Daily log file SMTP? Network lost log event? Motion detection during day? PIR detection at night?

Easy to come up with much more than 3 or 5.

Also, on:

General - Dropbox support (option for backup destination as well)

SMB could be dropped into a dropbox shared folder, and dropbox magic happen from there. FWIW.

Add:

There is some event goofiness going on that should be sorted out.
- with recording on to sd, and motion detection events to sd, no motion detection events go to sd, only full live recording.
- with recording off, and motion detection events to sd, the sd only gets log files. no video at all. (They will go to SMB, but not to SD.)

Users able to get to SD without having admin password, and to log. (Log contains motion events, they go to sd to see them.) Preferably create a 'power user' class of user, able to administrate (or just read) the video side of the world, and not permitted to touch the network settings. [That mydlink.com has no users is ludicrous.]

*** PLEASE: For any discussion on these items, start a new thread. Keep this one clean. Final corrections can be posted, but lets keep the verbiage in between elsewhere.

bs27975

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 10:28:52 PM »

At connection of wired network, release/renew dhcp, turn off wi-fi if not already successfully connected.

At removal of connection, release/renew dhcp, re-turning on wi-fi (I suppose).

My cam was at home, happy on wi-fi.

I moved to a different network temporarily, where the SSID it was familiar was not available.

By no means could I find the cam to get to it to tell it to use a different wi-fi SSID. Connects / reconnects of wired network, power resets, NOTHING would let me get to the cam to redirect it as to the wired or wi-fi network it should use.

I'm not interested in carrying around a copy of the config and resetting to factory defaults wherever I go.

Alternately, pointers to instructions as to how to get at the cam, having disconnected from the current wi-fi to a new network, appreciated.

-----

Put another way ... make standard practice ... at connection of wired, turn off wi-fi, release / renew DHCP. At disconnection of wired, if wi-fi specified, try it.

And/or ... if wi-fi fails to connect, and wired present, try to use it, turning off wi-fi in the process. (?) If not present, or dhcp request fails, try wifi again. Repeat.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:32:36 PM by bs27975 »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 05:06:20 AM »

SETUP-> NETWORK SETUP
Selecting authorization videoX.mjpg stream

MAINTENANCE->ADMIN
Organize a link to Snapshot URL and User Access Control as DCS-923L

SETUP-> EVENT SETUP->RECORDING
Increase the size of the record

Thank you!

Thanks for the detailed contribution.  Added all except first item, as I'm not sure what you're asking for.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 05:06:42 AM »

Motion detection config also with other browser like Firefox and Safari etc.
Now this function works only with the IE :(

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 05:09:14 AM »

Added. . . .
(Although based on the prior discussion, not sure where this could go...)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6