• March 29, 2024, 05:09:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: External HD in USB port problem! Please help me!  (Read 1994 times)

fnolette

• Level 1 Member
External HD in USB port problem! Please help me!
« on: October 21, 2010, 11:54:37 AM »

I called customer service and seriously, wow, he didn't help me whatsoever. He sounded like he didn't care at all...

(I'm new to this forum by the way, so... Hi!)

Here is my situation. Got this DIR-655 router on Monday, and I even went to exchange it because I thought it was defective, but it's doing the same problem. So here it is:

I bought this router to share my external HD on my WiFi network. I run on Mac OS X (10.5). My router has the latest firmware (1.34NA). My WiFi Network works fine for internet access. So, I installed Shareport (version 3.0). When I plug my computer to the router with an ethernet cable, it works great. I can access all my files, listen to the mp3s, etc. However, when I try to access it wirelessly on my network, it just crashes. I get the "device removal" warning window that tells me I can't just unplug my device like that, which means it probably lost its connection to the external HD. After that, I'm screwed. I have to reboot my computer.

So basically, I can access it with a wired connection, but NOT with a wireless connection.

Any ideas? Maybe I'll have to get a refund. I have about 10 days to make it work.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: External HD in USB port problem! Please help me!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »

That's an OS/Shareport issue, not a router itself issue...

Have you tried (I don't know Mac's...) to do some wireless driver updating or reinitializing your wireless connection?

DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33