• March 28, 2024, 01:44:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS930L IP Address  (Read 18372 times)

JamesMK

• Level 1 Member
  • Riding for Kids & Vets!
DCS930L IP Address
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:06:11 AM »

Using Android phone and have to set up Port Forwarding to access the cameras. I have to change the IP Address to a static one instead of the one issued by the Router. How do I change the IP Address of the camera to one outside the DHCP range? TIA
James
Semper Fi

mrsr71

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS930L IP Address
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »

Curious if you ever got this to work. I have to do the same.

JamesMK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 01:11:17 PM »

You can go into the router via it's IP address or provided software to change the IP of the camera to static and do the port forwarding. Looked around the internet and only could find cryptic information on doing this but no step by step instructions. Gave it a shot myself and couldn't get it to work so I am using the antiquated D-Link program on 3G. Didn't require port forwarding or static IP. Dam slow and cut off after 60 sec.
James
Semper Fi

mrsr71

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »

You can go into the router via it's IP address or provided software to change the IP of the camera to static and do the port forwarding. Looked around the internet and only could find cryptic information on doing this but no step by step instructions. Gave it a shot myself and couldn't get it to work so I am using the antiquated D-Link program on 3G. Didn't require port forwarding or static IP. Dam slow and cut off after 60 sec.

I tried http://portforward.com/ with zero success as well. I didn't pay, I just followed some instructions. I may consider paying and just be done with it  :-\

JamesMK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 05:36:04 AM »

Have that site bookmarked. Didn't pay either. Still can't get Port Forward to work. If I do I'll post here and in D-Link forum.
James
Semper Fi

urlybird

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 07:41:40 PM »

JamesMk

I have my DCS-932L camera setup to use DHCP
I have my DIR-825   router setup to use DHCP and assign a specified IP address to my DCS-932L
I have a logon setup at mydlink.com that has the device registered with the account.
I use the site mylink.com to watch the video on my PC.
I use the Android App Mylink Lite on my Google Nexus S phone

I didn't have to do any port forwarding (note I have UPNP activated on the router).

This works for me. Not sure why you want to Port Forward ?

urlybird

JamesMK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 08:35:31 AM »

My Link does work on & off over G3 on my Droid Incredible and I can see the cameras on any PC via the web site. I can not use a good Droid App like U Camera unless there is a WiFi connection available which is a much better App than My Link. Apparently this, and other Apps need a Static IP for each camera and the Port(s) have to be forward to a range outside the DHCP. How to do this with a Cisco 4200 Router is my problem. No step by step instructions appear to be available.
James
Semper Fi

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 08:50:33 AM »

I found a resource that will hopefully help some of you to resolve this connectivity issue. The following is a link to a support page for a freeware application for local/remote/mobile viewing of IP cameras. The page contains port forwarding and configuration instructions for several router brands, as well as links to other help resources.

Visit the following page and post your results: http://www.ispyconnect.com/connectingispy.aspx

Also of note, the application on this website is open source (i.e. freeware) and is vastly superior to the D-Link application bundled with the DCS series cameras.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 09:18:43 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JamesMK

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 05:07:46 AM »

Thank You. I'll give this a try this weekend and post my experience.
James
Semper Fi

mrsr71

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 02:04:51 PM »

I found a resource that will hopefully help some of you to resolve this connectivity issue. The following is a link to a support page for a freeware application for local/remote/mobile viewing of IP cameras. The page contains port forwarding and configuration instructions for several router brands, as well as links to other help resources.

Visit the following page and post your results: http://www.ispyconnect.com/connectingispy.aspx

Also of note, the application on this website is open source (i.e. freeware) and is vastly superior to the D-Link application bundled with the DCS series cameras.

I downloaded and installed ISPY and found that it does not support the DCS-930L & DCS-932L cameras  ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »

I downloaded and installed ISPY and found that it does not support the DCS-930L & DCS-932L cameras  ???

I've been using the application for almost a week now with a DCS-932L without any issue. The iSpy recognized the camera and picked-up the live video feed inside of a minute after installation.

mrsr71

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »

I've been using the application for almost a week now with a DCS-932L without any issue. The iSpy recognized the camera and picked-up the live video feed inside of a minute after installation.

Got it to work and all it does is slow down and sometimes freeze-up my laptop. To view externally costs you $7+/mo.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 03:57:30 PM »

Got it to work and all it does is slow down and sometimes freeze-up my laptop. To view externally costs you $7+/mo.

None of the resources on the page or external helped out with resolving your router issues?

mrsr71

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 03:49:30 PM »

None of the resources on the page or external helped out with resolving your router issues?

Nope  :'(

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 06:00:15 PM »

Nope  :'(

Sounds like for whatever reason, your router doesn't like the DCS-930L.
Pages: [1] 2