• March 28, 2024, 03:51:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517092 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2012, 06:42:50 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • General - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card
  • General - Option to upload files to dropbox
  • General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/colo
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror[
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Motion Detection - Option for motion detection event SMS alerts
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Scheduled start and end times for entering/exiting night mode
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

crocodile69

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2012, 12:58:56 PM »

Some color correction would be nice.
The image from these cameras has a really annoying green-ish tint, even in soft, warm, lighting conditions.
Playing with the Brightness/Contrast/Saturation cannot solve the problem, it's a matter of color balance/hue adjustment.
(It doesn't have to be a user-adjustable feature either, just a one-time setting adjustment in the firmware. I doubt that anyone likes the current green, underwater-looking image.)

The DCS-920, for example, produced a much better balanced image.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:52:30 PM by crocodile69 »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2012, 02:06:40 PM »

Some color correction would be nice.
The image from these cameras has a really annoying green-ish tint, even in soft, warm, lighting conditions.
Playing with the Brightness/Contrast/Saturation cannot solve the problem, it's a matter of color balance/hue adjustment.
(It doesn't have to be a user-adjustable feature either, just a one-time setting adjustment in the firmware. I doubt that anyone likes the current green, underwater-looking image.)

The DCS-920, for example, produced a much better balanced image.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror[
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

livesoftware

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2012, 09:20:47 PM »

Please release any type of firmware update!   This thing is loading the webserver with images!!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 06:52:55 PM by livesoftware »

renardo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2012, 07:14:43 PM »

Hi,

I use DCS-942L to send scheduled snapshot to my email address. It works but the frequency of snapshot does not seem to be configurable. I have the impression that it is set to 10mns?

It is a very nice feature because motion detection can send too many emails if there is activity (like a cat moving!). One email per hour for instance would help me to monitor without being flooded by tens of emails if I used motion detection.

Can we have the possibility to change frequency of snapshot when "schedule" is selected?
I think it is available in other models?

Thanks,

Renardo

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2012, 04:44:24 AM »

Hi,

I use DCS-942L to send scheduled snapshot to my email address. It works but the frequency of snapshot does not seem to be configurable. I have the impression that it is set to 10mns?

It is a very nice feature because motion detection can send too many emails if there is activity (like a cat moving!). One email per hour for instance would help me to monitor without being flooded by tens of emails if I used motion detection.

Can we have the possibility to change frequency of snapshot when "schedule" is selected?
I think it is available in other models?

Thanks,

Renardo

The motion detection feature does have the option to select a "single snapshot" rather than "6 snapshots" during each motion trigger event. Nonetheless, I'll add your request.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2012, 04:47:02 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue

renardo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »

Hi,

I am not sure I was understood in my last post.

My request is about "snapshot" + "schedule" (not about motion detection).
I propose to have a configurable frequency of snapshot. Today it is fixed to 10mns (and btw it is not documented). Can be from "every 10s" to "every 6 hours"? I am looking at "every 1h" for me.

Ok?

Thanks,

Renardo

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2012, 04:42:02 AM »

Hi,

I am not sure I was understood in my last post.

My request is about "snapshot" + "schedule" (not about motion detection).
I propose to have a configurable frequency of snapshot. Today it is fixed to 10mns (and btw it is not documented). Can be from "every 10s" to "every 6 hours"? I am looking at "every 1h" for me.

Ok?

Thanks,

Renardo

I understood. The entry in the Wishlist that was added states: "General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)"

Does that statement accurately capture your thoughts?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2012, 04:42:20 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2012, 08:53:57 AM »

Does the latest firmware update fix any issues on the firmware wishlist? If the answer is "yes", please post your findings here!

jabauer650

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »

Ability to specify any legal wifi password.  The password of the router i need to access includes an exclamation mark.  I'm told that only alphanumerics are supported, which is a problem if the router you need to access isn't one whose password you can change.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2012, 04:37:27 AM »

Ability to specify any legal wifi password.  The password of the router i need to access includes an exclamation mark.  I'm told that only alphanumerics are supported, which is a problem if the router you need to access isn't one whose password you can change.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2012, 04:38:24 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• Security - Support for passwords containing special characters

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19