D-Link IP Cameras for Home > DCS-8302LH

IP randomly changing, causing issues

(1/2) > >>

aiofe:
I set the camera (DCS-8302LH) up using the app, no problems there. It is wirelessly connected to a range extender (TL-WA860RE) which gets it's signal from my main router. Everything works fine when using the app. The problem I have is that the IP of the camera keeps changing. This isn't a problem when using the mydlink app. It IS a problem when it is connected to the surveilance station on my Synology disk station as it requires a static IP for the camera. Firstly, I don't want to pay for cloud storage when I have a synology disk station with 64TB of storage on it that I use with other D-Link cameras (DCS-5222LB) and franlky, I don't want my footage in the cloud or anywhere else online for that matter. I don't want to use a storage card as the camera is easily reached and is vunerable to having the card removed. If the camera gets destroyed or stolen is not really a concern, storage of footage is...

There is no way, as far as I can see to assign a static IP to the camera via the app and unlike the DCS-5222LB there doesn't seem to be a web based UI that can be used to alter the settings, unlike the DCS-5222LB where pretty much everything is adjustable, including setting a static IP

Am I missing something? Is there a way to give the DCS-8302LH a static IP? It is a pretty fundemental requirement for an IP camera?

Another thing, when testing the camera with the Synology surveilance station it disables access to the camera via the app, why is that?

Anyway, thanks for reading and any suggestions are welcome.

FurryNutz:
Assign a IP address reservation ON the host router for the camera.

RYAT3:

--- Quote from: aiofe on January 04, 2021, 04:41:02 PM ---Another thing, when testing the camera with the Synology surveilance station it disables access to the camera via the app, why is that?

--- End quote ---

How many streams is the camera capable of? 

Are you able to view it on PC without the synology AND the app at the same time? (Removes synology from the equation proving it can stream to both at the same time).

aiofe:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on January 04, 2021, 08:40:54 PM ---Assign a IP address reservation ON the host router for the camera.

--- End quote ---
I did that but it didn't help

aiofe:

--- Quote from: RYAT3 on January 05, 2021, 09:00:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: aiofe on January 04, 2021, 04:41:02 PM ---Another thing, when testing the camera with the Synology surveilance station it disables access to the camera via the app, why is that?

--- End quote ---

How many streams is the camera capable of? 

Are you able to view it on PC without the synology AND the app at the same time? (Removes synology from the equation proving it can stream to both at the same time).

--- End quote ---

There is no way to view it on PC as D-Link have decided we don't need a browser based UI and instead force their pretty useless app on us, which has no option to set a static IP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version