• April 23, 2024, 01:42:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can not connect camera to Wifi  (Read 6820 times)

vofdoom

• Level 1 Member
Can not connect camera to Wifi
« on: January 27, 2020, 01:18:42 PM »

I'm using a DCS-5020L. I can not figure out how to connect camera to my wifi network.

I currently have it connected to my router via Ethernet cable and it's working fine, but I can't seem to get it to connect via wifi. On the STATUS page of the Web UI it appears to be connected via wifi.

When I unplug the ethernet, I can no longer connect to the camera. It disappears. Right now the pwr light is blinking green. If I unplug it, it will turn red then solid green, then begin blinking green. WPS light will blink blue if I hold it down for a few seconds then turn off. If I unplug the cable the pwr light turns red.

I've been through the setup>wireless setup several times, clikc site survey and then chose my wireless network, enter pw.

Any thoughts?

Mr.Navy

• Level 2 Member
Re: Can not connect camera to Wifi
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 01:48:28 PM »

Habe you tried to Update your Firmware to the latest Version? It should be 1.16 - Your picture says 1.13

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Can not connect camera to Wifi
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 06:27:08 AM »

While the cameras connected via wired, use the cameras web page and select Setup. Under this menu should be a NETWORKING menu item. Look in here for WiFi settings. There should be a section to enter in a SSID Name and PW. Once you enter in this, apply and then you should be able to remove the LAN cable. You'll need to find the new IP address after it connects to the main host router to be able to access it web page at it's new IP address.

I'm using a DCS-5020L. I can not figure out how to connect camera to my wifi network.

I currently have it connected to my router via Ethernet cable and it's working fine, but I can't seem to get it to connect via wifi. On the STATUS page of the Web UI it appears to be connected via wifi.

When I unplug the ethernet, I can no longer connect to the camera. It disappears. Right now the pwr light is blinking green. If I unplug it, it will turn red then solid green, then begin blinking green. WPS light will blink blue if I hold it down for a few seconds then turn off. If I unplug the cable the pwr light turns red.

I've been through the setup>wireless setup several times, clikc site survey and then chose my wireless network, enter pw.

Any thoughts?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.