• April 19, 2024, 10:31:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need help interfacing DIR655 with dwl g650  (Read 4027 times)

DNAtsol

Need help interfacing DIR655 with dwl g650
« on: September 15, 2007, 07:49:07 PM »

My previous dlink router/dns server died so I purchased the DIR 655draftn router as a replacement.

I've got the latest firmware update (1.05). I'm typing this from my hardwired laptop through the router to a bell south westell DSL modem with the modem in bridge mode.

I've been able to get both my wireless dlink print server and my laptop with a dwlg650 connected to the router when all security is removed but as I start adding security back the dwl g650 cannot connect. It sees the network but will not connect. The print server is wireless again (after doing a hard wire  to get the MAC and when I was unsecure I was able to capture the dwl g650 laptop's MAC and reserved it an IP as well.

I'm wondering where I might be going wrong. on the dir655 has the security mode set to WPA personal and I'm using a 64 character HEX shared passcode that the wireless print server seems to have no problems with. On the dwl g650 I have the security setting @ WPA-PSK with the encryption algorithm as TKIP. The router security mode is WPA-only and cipher as TKIP.

I'm thinking that WPA-PSK and WPA-only are not equivalent. Any suggestions?

On the router my security options are: auto(WPA, WPA2), WPA only, & WPA2 only.

On the dwl g650 card I have open, shared, WEP, WPA, WPA-PSK with either AES or the TKIP cipher.

Any help on syncing these security settings up would be very appreciated

Thanks

DNAtsol
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:22:10 AM by DNAtsol »

JHK

• Level 3 Member
Re: Need help interfacing DIR655 with dwl g650
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 03:48:27 PM »

Ensure you have a latest driver on the DWL-G650 and use the WPA-PSK with TKIP cipher on your laptop. On the router use auto WPA-Personal with Auto. You do not need to change the Group Key Update Interval.
Life is cool! :)

thejoatmon

• Level 1 Member
Need help interfacing dwl g650 rev B.5 to Win98 SE
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »

Does anyone at D-Link have a link to a Win98 version of D-Link AirPlus for a DWL-G650 Rev B.5?

I was able to get the drivers downloaded and working from a zipped file DWLG650_DRIVER_103.ZIP but that particular file includes JUST the driver and not the AirPlus software obviously needed for Win98.

Can anyone help with this situation?