• March 29, 2024, 02:24:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS5300G - cannot pan straight ahead  (Read 2787 times)

juzzymelb

• Level 1 Member
DCS5300G - cannot pan straight ahead
« on: May 08, 2010, 11:22:40 PM »

Hi I have a DCS 5300G, Ver B1, FW:2.00

I have not used it for a while but when i reconnected it, it now pans about 320 degrees across the back of the camera (it arc's from about the end of the black d-link logo plasitc pans around completly passed the antennas and around to the other end of the dlink logo)
Its hard to explain basically it cannot pan straight ahead it can pan completly around apart from the area were the dlink logo plastic at the front. I know it should be the reverse of this but i dont know how it became this way or how to rectify this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS5300G - cannot pan straight ahead
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »

If you are still withing warranty I would recommend contacting support for a replacement for this one. Does it look like the camera has been taken apart at all?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

juzzymelb

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS5300G - cannot pan straight ahead
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:25:57 PM »

unfortunately its no longer under warranty, its never been pulled apart, im not sure what could have cause it i had it sitting in a cupboard for about a year, then when i plugged it it was like this