• March 28, 2024, 03:11:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera is installed and out of reach. How to add it to mydlink account  (Read 6393 times)

Notworried

• Level 2 Member

I have two cameras linked to mydlink which work fine. I expected to be able to simply add another camera using the web interface but I don't see how. I have installed the camera at a rather difficult to reach place so I can't do a hardwire connection. I hope that is not necessary.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Unfortunately, at present, the only way to add a network camera to mydlink is through the Setup Wizard application running from a PC on the same LAN as the camera. The firmware does have the functionality to register with mydlink without the aid of the Setup Wizard application.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Rockstar

• Level 2 Member

Out of Curiosity.

Does the so called "Zero Configuration" really exist if you're going to use a cloud router?
Wherein you will be able to add the cameras to the mydlink server as long as the cloud router
is also registered on the same account?

If so, does this occur to all camera models?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Out of Curiosity.

Does the so called "Zero Configuration" really exist if you're going to use a cloud router?
Wherein you will be able to add the cameras to the mydlink server as long as the cloud router
is also registered on the same account?

If so, does this occur to all camera models?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I'll do my best. A Cloud router is not required to register a Cloud camera with the mydlink service. mydlink registration must be performed independently for each Cloud device added to a mydlink account. If a Cloud router is registered to mydlink, Cloud cameras connected to the router are still required to register with mydlink independently. As far as mydlink is concerned, there is no distinction between a Cloud device connected to a Cloud router versus a Cloud device connected to the Internet via another brand router.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:08:33 AM by JavaLawyer »

Rockstar

• Level 2 Member

https://www.mydlink.com/entrance

From the site above, on the bottom part of it indicates this so called zero configuration

My deepest apologies not indicating that the cloud router that I'm referring to is a
Dlink cloud router (All routers ending with "L").

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

No apologies necessary. I knew you were referring to a Cloud (or "L") router, I just wasn't sure what you were asking.  Yes, the site says "zero configuration", but I don't know what that means exactly. I can say that you need to run the Setup Wizard application for EVERY cloud camera you purchase. It doesn't matter if the camera is connected to a Cloud router, you still need to run the Setup Wizard application.

Notworried

• Level 2 Member

You don't have to run the Wizard to set up the camera. I plugged in the camera to the router(Airport Extreme), used the assigned IP and configured it via the web interface. "Zero" configuration if used honestly should make cameras work like printers. When I put a printer on the network, I can immediately see it and print to it (at least on a Mac) . THAT is zero configuration.

Rockstar

• Level 2 Member

That is possible, configuring the camera from the web interface. Setting up all of those settings excluding
the registration though. Registering the camera without launching the setup wizard CAN be possible
if you do have a cloud router that is already registered to the mydlink server of your account.
In short, If you're logged in to the mydlink server, it will eventually notify you that a camera was found
and will ask you if you want to add it to your account (Obviously the camera must be hardwired to the dlink cloud router).

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

Zero configuration I believe refers to WPS push button setup.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

That is possible, configuring the camera from the web interface. Setting up all of those settings excluding
the registration though.

Clarifying my earlier post, the OP was asking specifically about mydlink registration, which is why I stated that the Setup Wizard was necessary to complete that part of the process.

Registering the camera without launching the setup wizard CAN be possible
if you do have a cloud router that is already registered to the mydlink server of your account.
In short, If you're logged in to the mydlink server, it will eventually notify you that a camera was found
and will ask you if you want to add it to your account (Obviously the camera must be hardwired to the dlink cloud router).

If this is something that you say is possible I can't find it documented anywhere and must be relatively new functionality if it does exist.  You've got me intrigued enough to delete one of my cameras from mydlink to see what happens.  ???  :-\

I'm reaching out to my contact at D-Link to see if this is possible.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:47:42 AM by JavaLawyer »

Rockstar

• Level 2 Member

That's according to what I saw from the mydlink home page at the bottom which needs a dlink cloud router
to automatically add the cameras, as long as the router is already registered via the mydlink server.
One of the things that I could also recall, is from the mydlink lite application (Although is has some issues
as of the moment) via local you can add the camera from the mydlink server which is also intruiging but
still unsure if this one is true since I haven't made any experimentation due to update issue from the
application.