• April 16, 2024, 03:06:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Tech Support Not Answering  (Read 7370 times)

thetoad30

• Level 2 Member
Tech Support Not Answering
« on: April 20, 2009, 06:10:59 AM »

I've sent a few e-mails to D-Link Tech Support and received a response on the initial e-mail. However, my subsequent replies have gone unanswered for a few weeks. I've sent a few e-mails even asking for a status, but no answer.

How is it that an answer comes from one e-mail but every other one gets filed away? Needless to say I'm a bit upset since I've paid such a premium for this router. Note that this is not the only tech support e-mail I've sent that has gone unanswered from D-Link.

arod

Re: Tech Support Not Answering
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 08:39:22 AM »

What were you asking for through your emails?

thetoad30

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:13:14 PM »

I was trying to convey the fact that my wireless signal on the 5GHz was constantly dropping and I was experiencing wireless restarts and disassociations/associations. I was sent a response of how to configure the device in order to try to troubleshoot - none of the suggestions worked, which I e-mailed back and asked if it needed to be RMAed. Then I received no response.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 07:10:21 AM »

My previous experience, this year, for an RMA took me 1 week for the RMA "number" to arrive by email.

thetoad30

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:13:14 AM »

Well it's been over a week. And, I haven't received a response on this thread either. Is it possible that "RMA" elicits a silent treatment from D-Link on this router?

I'm getting very frustrated with this level of tech support. I've never used D-Link before, sticking with Linksys since I had never seen a D-Link product that beat the Linksys, and then the DIR-855 came out. Linksys products were being mutilated and dumbed down, cheapened, etc., so I thought I'd try the D-Link with all the great reviews of the switching and the dual-band radio. Plus I had the DGL 4500 before on 5GHz and it performed flawlessly. So I thought I'd try the DIR-855. I'm really hoping I didn't make a huge mistake with this device and supporting a company that doesn't care about it's customers.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 08:21:30 AM »

D-Link will not issue an RMA via email. You must call our consumer class support line at 877-453-5465. As for your email not being responded to, I can check in to that if you PM me your personal information.

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 08:43:49 AM »

I received my RMA via email but I needed to submit the request via Fax.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 08:46:01 AM by smlunatick »

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 09:00:29 AM »

To be blunt, We will not provide RMAs via e-mail, that is company policy, any that have happened were exceptions for exceptional circumstances.
non progredi est regredi

thetoad30

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 10:58:28 AM »

Thank you both for replying. I wish, like I stated in my other thread titled "Wireless Restarts", that tech support would have taken care of me. It's a shame that you guys take the heat when it's your tech support department that seems to be dropping the ball. Again, I realize the difference between tech engineers and tech support, so none of the aforementioned posts were directed at you personally.

I've PMed Lycan and will attempt to call the help line provided.