The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DGS-1248T

1100 VPN subnet configuration

(1/1)

RiverRat:
I have a DGS-1100-5. There's a carrier supplied adtran in front of it with two /30 blocks. We're trying to segment the voice network from the data network. The carrier says the vlans can be configured as subnet 209.194.224.244/30 and the other for subnet 216.253.30.16/30. How do I configure the DGS-1100 to accomplish this task.
Many Thanks
RR

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
Any information in the user manual regarding this?

RiverRat:
North America - North Carolina
Not clear from this manual
ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DGS-1100-08/REVA/DGS-1100-08_MANUAL_1.04_EN.PDF
This post is the closest to what I want to do, however, the interface is nothing like the DGS-1100.
http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/faq/switches/layer-2-gigabit/dgs-series/uk_dgs_1510_how_to_setup_vlans_scenario_configuration
Thanks
RR

FurryNutz:
Is there anything similar to what you see on the UK site on your switches web page as mentioned on page 19 of the user manual?

PacketTracer:
Hi,

to me it's not clear what exactly your scenario is. A /30 IP range only allows 2 addresses, that is you can only create a point-to-point link between two devices. Hence I assume you can subdivide you WAN uplink between your adtran and the opposite access router at your provider's site into two (external) VLANs each carrying a /30, but this would be a configuration inside your adtran and hence out of scope for this DLINK forum.

Second, if my above assumption is true, your adtran must provide a method, to define two internal VLANs for its LAN ports (either two LAN-side VLAN access ports, one for data-VLAN, one for voice-VLAN; or a single LAN port configured as a VLAN trunk for both data and voice VLAN) and internally route (and NAT) traffic from the first LAN-side VLAN (carrying one internal private IP network) to the first WAN-side VLAN and from the 2nd LAN-side VLAN (carrying another internal private IP network) to the 2nd WAN-side VLAN. Again this is adtran specific and out of scope.

DGS only comes into play in the third place, if the above explained conditions are met, and if you want to connect it to adtran's LAN ports (with one of the above mentioned flavours) in order to subdivide your LAN into the two above mentioned internal/private IP networks.

Another interpretation is, that it is not the WAN uplink of your adtran that is divided into two vlans, but that you can define two VLANs for adtran's LAN site, each one carrying one of the specified /30 public IP ranges, which are routed via the WAN uplink. But in this case you would need two additional routers, each one connected via a point-to-point link to adtran's LAN port's. Behind these (NAT-) routers you can place two internal private networks, one for voice and one for data, either via two switches or via a single switch configured for two VLANs.

So, what exactly is your scenario?

PT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version