• April 26, 2024, 06:49:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: (SOLVED) Internet connection problem  (Read 3924 times)

Oualawouzou

• Level 1 Member
(SOLVED) Internet connection problem
« on: April 05, 2009, 01:47:15 PM »

Hello everybody,

I have something of a weird problem. 

I just bought a DIR-615.  This is my first router, so it's all new to me.  Let me know if I'm missing some important info.

I have plugged everything correctly, to the best of my knowledge: Internet cable into the modem, modem Ethernet cable into the router, Ethernet cable from router to PC...  It seems to work, as my PC can connect to the router (at 192.168.0.1), but it cannot connect to the Internet.  This is where things get weird: my laptop can connect to Internet through the router without any problem.  So the link between my PC and the router is ok (since I can connect to it), and the link between the router and the modem is ok (since my laptop can connect to Internet, and yes, I'm certain it's not going through a neighbor's network :P).  But for some reason, my PC cannot connect to Internet...  Hum, does this explanation make sense?

My laptop runs Vista, my PC runs Win XP Pro.

Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 04:20:17 PM by Oualawouzou »

Oualawouzou

• Level 1 Member
Re: Internet connection problem
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:20:02 PM »

Ooooh, forget it.  It only took me 7 hours, but I finally found the problem.  It had nothing to do with the router but with a local network setting I had tempered with yesterday while trying to fix another problem.