• April 26, 2024, 11:37:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: KODI Media Center Server  (Read 5954 times)

madmorgan007

• Level 1 Member
KODI Media Center Server
« on: January 30, 2016, 04:12:30 AM »

Hi,

Could you look into porting KODI to the DNS 320L please as this looks grate and has loads of plugin's as well. I have looked and the software os Open Source and is available for loads of platforms eg. Raspberry Pi and other devices. The reason I would like it is that it dos PVR from live TV. There web site is http://kodi.tv/ the download page to see all available OS is http://kodi.tv/download/

I really hope you can do this.

Thanks

Here whats it about.
Kodi® (formerly known as XBMC™) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more. Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet.

killsoft

• Level 1 Member
Re: KODI Media Center Server
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 06:10:41 AM »

I´m really nterested in this too

Estoy interesado en esto tambien.

smileham

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 02:21:50 PM »

Not sure you understand how Kodi works.  It's more a "client" application rather than a "server" app.

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 05:44:02 PM »

You can insrall (must be all the same version) on all the devices possible on your network (and externally if using Emby or possibly FTP via dynamic dns (not yet tested this but looks hopeful) and using phpMyAdmin have the database stored on the NAS

^ ^ ^ That's my setup ^ ^ ^

When I watch a movie on one device it removes it from the unwatched movies list or if I add new movies ikodi auto updates all devices