• March 28, 2024, 04:23:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Suddenly cannot view live camera feeds on Chrome or Firefox after Java Update  (Read 109748 times)

Rimshot

• Level 2 Member

ok, back up on mydlink.com for 933L and 5020L.   I get live view on basic config panel, then also live view in advanced settings.   However, still get a Java exception on the live view for setting up the areas for motion detection.   No biggie cause that works when I use the IP address of the camera or use an iPad.   Running Safari on Mavericks - macbook pro late 2011 and still using Jave 8-31

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Do anything different to get it working?  ???
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

RickALO

• Level 2 Member

My client (store owner) is getting frustrated with this issue (not being able to view cameras through the web browsers on their PC), and is asking me to find another software or different cameras.

Any additional information on what caused this issue to resurface after it was fixed in early February?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Ok, I'll see if we can get some additional help and information on this. I noticed the same thing yesterday. After re-connecting my DIR-880L router back on line, I can get to it's MDL services page, however the 933L would not gain access.  :-\

You may need to phone contact D-Link support. Ask for level 2 or higher support...
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

joezep

• Level 1 Member

I just joined this forum because I was frustrated like everyone here why it wasn't working. I would like to share my fix that has worked for me.

My web cam is the DCS-931L with 1.07 firmware,  modem router DSL-2890AL with the latest firmware and Java version 8 Update 40.

Now for the fix you must open your browser enter your IP address of the camera . Once in click on setup tab, manual internet connection setup tab and scroll down to UPnP setting. By default my UPnP Port Forwarding was disabled, you must enable it, save your new settings and log out. Now it should work like normal again, tested in IE and Firefox :D

RickALO

• Level 2 Member

Thanks for the feedback.. unfortunately, the cameras I am trying to access are at a store, so the ip addresses cannot be accessed directly from my home.  I can discuss with client and indicate your finding, and discuss accessing their network at the store...

I am hoping maybe their "scheduled maintenance" they have publicized for the 25th might provide a solution as well.

gadgetrants

• Level 1 Member

Now for the fix you must open your browser enter your IP address of the camera . Once in click on setup tab, manual internet connection setup tab and scroll down to UPnP setting. By default my UPnP Port Forwarding was disabled, you must enable it, save your new settings and log out. Now it should work like normal again, tested in IE and Firefox :D
Tested and confirmed on Chrome.  Two additional thoughts:

First, I think everyone here understands, but to be clear...you first enable port forwarding using the local web interface (which has always worked fine for me).  That then should fix the mydlink web interface.

Second, interestingly, it DID NOT work for me at first.  When I selected the camera in Chrome, I got the endless spinning wheel.  Then I remembered that @joezep had gotten it to work in IE, so I gave IE a try and guess what?  I got two pop-ups asking for permission to download two CAB files (are those Java jars?).  It then worked as expected in IE.  Strangely, I went back to Chrome, reloaded the mydlink webpage, and it worked there as well.  So yeah...it seems at least in Chrome that failure to load the relevant CABs is part of the problem.

I should note that I have pop-ups enabled in Chrome for mydlink, and I also got the usual pop-ups there asking for permission to run the plug-ins.  Didn't see the other pop-ups though. 

-Matt

RickALO

• Level 2 Member

Thanks for the info Matt... I logged in using IE, and made sure pop-ups were enabled, and cache was clear.... Still can't connect to cameras thru mydlink... tried Chrome browser too, and no luck there either.... The wierd thing is it was working fine after I installed Dlink firmware updates they released in early February.. Then suddenly, the access stopped working.. nothing changed on this side... so assumed it was another Java change.. but only speculating...

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Link>Welcome!

• What model product do you have?
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the products web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Tested and confirmed on Chrome.  Two additional thoughts:

First, I think everyone here understands, but to be clear...you first enable port forwarding using the local web interface (which has always worked fine for me).  That then should fix the mydlink web interface.

Second, interestingly, it DID NOT work for me at first.  When I selected the camera in Chrome, I got the endless spinning wheel.  Then I remembered that @joezep had gotten it to work in IE, so I gave IE a try and guess what?  I got two pop-ups asking for permission to download two CAB files (are those Java jars?).  It then worked as expected in IE.  Strangely, I went back to Chrome, reloaded the mydlink webpage, and it worked there as well.  So yeah...it seems at least in Chrome that failure to load the relevant CABs is part of the problem.

I should note that I have pop-ups enabled in Chrome for mydlink, and I also got the usual pop-ups there asking for permission to run the plug-ins.  Didn't see the other pop-ups though. 

-Matt

gadgetrants

• Level 1 Member

Link>Welcome!

• Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the products web page under status.

Of course, of course!  I left out all the juicy details!  LOL

Product:  DCS-5010L
Firmware:  1.06.01
Region:  US

Some new details...I neglected to mention that I own 4 additional DCS-930L units (all on firmware 1.12.03), and NONE of them worked on the mydlink interface after the fix I described above.  Of course I had only toggled port forwarding on the 5010L, so no reason to expect that change to propagate to the 930Ls.  I then proceeded to do the following:

(1) Turned port forwarding on for ONE of the 930L units
(2) Refreshed the mydlink web page in Chrome
(3) That specific unit then worked on mydlink in Chrome

I checked the status of the other three 930Ls and of course none of them were working on mydlink (NOTE:  I should probably mention I'm doing all of this from home, but I presume that what I'm seeing on mydlink is actually remote and not local viewing). 

From all this I'm guessing that whatever (Java) code/app was downloaded when I first viewed the 5010L on IE has in fact extended to any other camera (well, 1 other model), AS LONG AS port forwarding is enabled on the other camera(s).  So the tentative conclusion is the fix involves turning port forwarding on and downloading (automagically) an additional applet or code in Java that for some reason Chrome doesn't automatically pull down.

FWIW, here are the 5 items I see in my Java Cache Viewer:

933_aplug.u45.jar
933_vplug.u45.jar
getJavaInfo.jar
getJavaInfo.u45.jar
tsa.u45.jar

I can't say that any of those were specifically added/updated when I ran mydlink in IE.

-Matt

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Let us know if you can test all of this from a remote location using the MDL service in a web browser, like from work or a friends place.

Most of the issues are on the remote locations getting access to cameras from the WAN side and not local...

Link>Welcome!

Of course, of course!  I left out all the juicy details!  LOL

Product:  DCS-5010L
Firmware:  1.06.01
Region:  US

Some new details...I neglected to mention that I own 4 additional DCS-930L units (all on firmware 1.12.03), and NONE of them worked on the mydlink interface after the fix I described above.  Of course I had only toggled port forwarding on the 5010L, so no reason to expect that change to propagate to the 930Ls.  I then proceeded to do the following:

(1) Turned port forwarding on for ONE of the 930L units
(2) Refreshed the mydlink web page in Chrome
(3) That specific unit then worked on mydlink in Chrome

I checked the status of the other three 930Ls and of course none of them were working on mydlink (NOTE:  I should probably mention I'm doing all of this from home, but I presume that what I'm seeing on mydlink is actually remote and not local viewing). 

From all this I'm guessing that whatever (Java) code/app was downloaded when I first viewed the 5010L on IE has in fact extended to any other camera (well, 1 other model), AS LONG AS port forwarding is enabled on the other camera(s).  So the tentative conclusion is the fix involves turning port forwarding on and downloading (automagically) an additional applet or code in Java that for some reason Chrome doesn't automatically pull down.

FWIW, here are the 5 items I see in my Java Cache Viewer:

933_aplug.u45.jar
933_vplug.u45.jar
getJavaInfo.jar
getJavaInfo.u45.jar
tsa.u45.jar

I can't say that any of those were specifically added/updated when I ran mydlink in IE.

-Matt

gadgetrants

• Level 1 Member

Forgot that I could teleport myself to the office (THANK YOU TeamViewer!!!).   :D  Just logged in remotely and here is what I saw on MDL with Chrome:

(1) Camera 1, 5010L (with port forwarding):  WORKS
(2) Camera 2, 930L (with port forwarding):  WORKS
(3) Cameras 3-5, 930L (port forwarding off):  NO WORKS

Which suggests that whatever I thought happened by running IE was probably placebo/coincidence.  In other words, I went straight into Chrome at work without fussing with IE and the two cameras with port forwarding could be viewed remotely (REALLY remotely, or damn close LOL).

ANOTHER nice perk:  the two cameras that work NO LONGER TIME OUT ON MDL!!!!!!!!!!!  This is awesome.   I had tried port forwarding long ago to prevent the website timeout, but it never seemed to work.  Now I can view home cameras remotely and leave the displays on for hours and hours.  AWESOME!

-Matt

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Is port forward turned on the the camera or the router?

Please give step by step details for us to try this out.

Forgot that I could teleport myself to the office (THANK YOU TeamViewer!!!).   :D  Just logged in remotely and here is what I saw on MDL with Chrome:

Which suggests that whatever I thought happened by running IE was probably placebo/coincidence.  In other words, I went straight into Chrome at work without fussing with IE and the two cameras with port forwarding could be viewed remotely (REALLY remotely, or damn close LOL).

ANOTHER nice perk:  the two cameras that work NO LONGER TIME OUT ON MDL!!!!!!!!!!!  This is awesome.   I had tried port forwarding long ago to prevent the website timeout, but it never seemed to work.  Now I can view home cameras remotely and leave the displays on for hours and hours.  AWESOME!

-Matt

gadgetrants

• Level 1 Member

Nope, I've checked the router and there are no special port-forwarding settings or options in play.  Perhaps I should note I'm running an Asus N16 router with Shibby's Tomato firmware.  I suspect, though, that those details are not important. 

I'm afraid I can't post detailed instructions for a while, but my previous posts pretty much capture the process!  :)

-Matt

joezep

• Level 1 Member

On my setup I port forward my camera only not the router.
I'm glad to see that others are having success with my fix.

Is port forward turned on the the camera or the router?

Please give step by step details for us to try this out.

-Matt
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11