• April 25, 2024, 07:41:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: User Authentication: DFL-700  (Read 2995 times)

skikayaker

• Level 1 Member
User Authentication: DFL-700
« on: January 28, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »

I've assigned alternate ports to the remote admin to allow the user login console to be accessed via port 80/443 and have successfully logged into the user console and noted that when in Status/Users I can see the authenticated users and can also successfully logout the authenticated users.

My goal:  I want to require remote server administrators who would like to access their website servers remotely using either RDP port 3389 or VNC using 5800/5900 to first login as a remote user to allow my DFL-700 to accept their IP address.  This will hopefully allow our network to block all unauthorized 3389,5800, and 5900 activity which is primarily scans from various worms on the internet.

I have successfully created users and assigned them to a group called remote.  I can DROP or ALLOW all access to the ports I want to authenticate.

The PROBLEM:
As soon as I add "Any", or the username or the group name (remote) to the "Users/Groups" fields in the firewall policy page along with the ports that I either have setup to Allow or Drop it makes no differnce.  Once the user/groups fields are populated the ports no longer block the activity to those ports.

HOW can I properly setup authentication requirements to access those ports that I mentioned?

Also, does the "Any" or username need to appear in the source, destination, or both given the configuration requirements that I noted in my post.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:01:23 AM by skikayaker »