• March 28, 2024, 05:37:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517112 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2012, 05:44:40 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/
  • Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L)
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot)
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/color]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator)
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

mrMagoo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »

I'll need other users to validate this as a bug before adding.  :-\

I for one can't get the NTP update to work, regardless if I use one of the two
pre-defined NTP's or pick one of the well known public ones.

The Time/date is carried over when warmstarting / rebooting (through GUI)
but it is NOT when toggling the power off/on, something I just experienced
after a week away from home. Halfway through the recordings the date was back to "zero"
from a power outage.

As for feature requests...
From my previous discovery I'd like the motion algorithm to be revamped
so that your motion area doesn't affect motion senitivity and a feature add
would be to have multiple zones that could be set to different sensibilities.
Maybe overkill for a consumer product but the "professional grade" cameras
I've in my other home all have that feature and it's quite handy sometimes.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »

I for one can't get the NTP update to work, regardless if I use one of the two
pre-defined NTP's or pick one of the well known public ones.

Added...

From my previous discovery I'd like the motion algorithm to be revamped
so that your motion area doesn't affect motion senitivity. . .

Not sure I fully understand this.  ???

and a feature add
would be to have multiple zones that could be set to different sensibilities.
Maybe overkill for a consumer product but the "professional grade" cameras
I've in my other home all have that feature and it's quite handy sometimes.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot)
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities[color]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator)
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users)

• General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

mrMagoo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 05:00:35 AM »

Not sure I fully understand this.  ???

My personal findings >> http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=42004.msg177970#msg177970
If i draw a single line through the image area it's enough with ~80-85% sensitivity to detect a human
crossing that line, but if I "paint" more than 50% of the image to be my detection area I could set the
sensitivity to 99% and a herd of elephants could run through and it still won't pick up on it.
Maybe it's just my unit that's acting flaky, but to me it seems as if the motion triggering is based on
a comparison of data in the image (duh, obviously) but rather than comparing the selected area to a
static referense image, it is compared to the unselected area.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2012, 05:59:52 AM »

My personal findings >> http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=42004.msg177970#msg177970
If i draw a single line through the image area it's enough with ~80-85% sensitivity to detect a human
crossing that line, but if I "paint" more than 50% of the image to be my detection area I could set the
sensitivity to 99% and a herd of elephants could run through and it still won't pick up on it.
Maybe it's just my unit that's acting flaky, but to me it seems as if the motion triggering is based on
a comparison of data in the image (duh, obviously) but rather than comparing the selected area to a
static referense image, it is compared to the unselected area.

Can additional users please confirm this anomaly?  (i.e. selecting 50%+ of the image area will cause the unit not detect any motion despite the sensitivity settings?)  :-\

smeat2000

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2012, 05:21:49 AM »

I would like to add a few things to the wish list...
-Ability to access the 942L's sd card via a folder
-Ability to have a snapshot taken at the same time as video is recorded.
-Ability to view thumbnails of snapshots and/or video

I have too much recorded video to go through and a thumbnail view would make things a lot easier reviewing the footage.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2012, 06:18:04 AM »

I would like to add a few things to the wish list...
-Ability to access the 942L's sd card via a folder
-Ability to have a snapshot taken at the same time as video is recorded.
-Ability to view thumbnails of snapshots and/or video

I have too much recorded video to go through and a thumbnail view would make things a lot easier reviewing the footage.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2012, 06:21:50 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities[color]
  • Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:24:33 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 06:25:37 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder

stephenvdo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2012, 08:40:26 AM »

I'm glad I found this thread!

Could you please add to the wishlist:

- For iPhone mydlink Lite app - Add the ability to adjust IR, on, off, auto like on the web browser.
- For mydlink.com site on a mobile web browser - Add the ability to adjust camera settings, including IR, on, off, auto, brightness, etc.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2012, 09:37:20 AM »

I'm glad I found this thread!

Could you please add to the wishlist:

- For iPhone mydlink Lite app - Add the ability to adjust IR, on, off, auto like on the web browser.
- For mydlink.com site on a mobile web browser - Add the ability to adjust camera settings, including IR, on, off, auto, brightness, etc.

We have a dedicated mydlink wishlist for your request: mydlink.com - Wishlist
I'll post your request there...  ;)

stephenvdo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2012, 01:55:12 PM »

We have a dedicated mydlink wishlist for your request: mydlink.com - Wishlist
I'll post your request there...  ;)

Thank you!!

Sunin

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 03:09:02 PM »

Ability for the camera to soft reset every hour to address the known issue of it becoming unreachable.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »

Ability for the camera to soft reset every hour to address the known issue of it becoming unreachable.

A more appropriate request would be to fix the unreachable camera issue. However, the question remains as to whether there really is an issue with the DCS-942L or whether the problem is router/network-based? Do other users experience this issue?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19