• April 28, 2024, 11:34:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't log into the router  (Read 7459 times)

lmgator

• Level 1 Member
Can't log into the router
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:06:03 AM »

I have tried to type 192.168.0.1 into my address bar and the router page never comes up.  I have tried both internet explorer and firefox.  Also, my router is plugged into my computer.  I have been trying to do this for quite some time and I need help, please.  Also, I don't know if it's relevant, but I use Windows Vista.

jacksmash

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't log into the router
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 10:40:38 AM »

I'm having a very similar problem. Plus, I cannot even ping the router! It's very strange, because I have a valid IP and am connect to the internet.

When I disconnect my cable modem and reset the router, thus giving me an internal IP, only then can I access the router login page. Very strange.

windozesuk

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't log into the router
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 02:52:47 PM »

I have same exact problem on Comcast (used to be adelphia) with motorola surfboard.

I had this problem in the beggining, I could only access admin on router if I disconnect from cable modem. If i tried to access admin setup with cable modem hooked up, the dlink would just reboot everytime I tried to login in.

Now it has changed.... now I try to connect t dlink, i get the login page... I enter llogin and submit.... the router just reloads the login page, no error or wrong password message or anything, just reloads the login page... with cable hooked up and cable not hooked up... after hard reset.. every scenerio... just reloads login page.. FRUSTRATING!!!