• April 19, 2024, 04:50:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: should i sell my DIR-451 and buy a chinese 3g routers?  (Read 11533 times)

wmk333

• Level 1 Member
should i sell my DIR-451 and buy a chinese 3g routers?
« on: December 27, 2009, 08:18:41 PM »

i bought 5 dir-451 for me and my friends, cause we are in a remote area.
but i can't find any compatible Huawei models no.s  E220 or E270 nor E 169 only E160 and also E1550 which is the main usb stick now in egypt also ZTE is used by vodafone.
SO when are you gonna update this router's firmware?
I think by buying DLINK i bought a brand name with a lot of support (not for this model).
i found here some 3G china made routers (hami) with internal build in modem, i.e. sim ready, which costs less than the 130 $ i gave away for each router, with wireless working very good i have tried it.
Please  make this router compatible with many other usb modems, soon.
it seems like am speaking for a lot of people when i say we need more support for that router.;(
thnx a lot in advance

wagih

• Level 1 Member
Re: should i sell my DIR-451 and buy a chinese 3g routers?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:53:57 PM »

I think Dlink will never make a new firmware for this router, this is the case with different dlink products, they just sell it as is and the support for the new devices in the market is horrible.
DIR-451
DIR-655
Excellent hardware but no upgrades, We are talking to no one here >>>>>>>

mbutler2575

• Level 1 Member
Re: should i sell my DIR-451 and buy a chinese 3g routers?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 04:44:23 PM »

Hi wmk333 & wagih,
I must agree with you on one point, the 1.03 firmware for the DIR-451 is quite old now and has a few bugs in it (not too serious though just anoying) as well as compatability issues with newer modems. I am currently running 3 of them with Huawei 169 and 220 modems.
One thing I do dissagree with is their support, at least in Australia, after emailing support about some problems I had, I received several phone calls from the local Dlink office who were extremely helpful.
Unfortunately if the situation with the firmware is not resolved I will have no alternative but to change to a different brand of router as the USB modems I use are now obsolete and no longer supplied by the phone companies.

Mark