• April 19, 2024, 12:42:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-320L supports WebDAV, right?  (Read 2878 times)

Horinius

• Level 1 Member
DNS-320L supports WebDAV, right?
« on: October 04, 2017, 11:01:26 PM »

Hi everyone,

Dumb question: DNS-320L supports WebDAV, right?

Because in this web page (http://naschart.com/compare/synology-diskstation-ds216-ds216-3,d-link-sharecenter-cloud-storage-2000-dns-320l-2), it's suggested that WebDAV is not supported !?

I suppose that page is wrong...

yikoru

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-320L supports WebDAV, right?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 07:09:58 AM »

Hello!
at least I have the webdav option but I have never used
it using firmware 1.09

Horinius

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 01:40:05 PM »

Thanks.

I've started to "explore" WebDAV but am unable to make it work.  That's why I'm wondering.

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 02:49:58 PM »

As I understand it you need a WebDAV client running on your computer for WebDAV to be of any use.  Since there are no clients for the operating system we us we have never bothered with it.

Horinius

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 04:07:28 AM »

As I understand it you need a WebDAV client running on your computer for WebDAV to be of any use.  Since there are no clients for the operating system we us we have never bothered with it.

Yeah, I saw something similar in a D-Link webpage.  It seems like we need to install a specific WebDAV client!

1. WebDAV is not based on proprietary standard.  It's based on a well-defined open standard.
2. Win10 has WebDAV supported integrated in it.

If we really need a WebDAV client to make it work in Win10, that can only mean one thing: D-Link does not implement WebDAV correctly.  In that case, I would not use it.  I don't want things which are badly made.

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 11:46:40 AM »

There is also the possibility that Microsoft didn't get their end right  ;)  they did it with samba and some networking.

Horinius

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 03:06:00 PM »

There is also the possibility that Microsoft didn't get their end right  ;)  they did it with samba and some networking.

I don't think so.  drivehq.com, a cloud storage company, proposes WebDAV for end-users.  The same WebDAV URL can be used in Win, Mac and Linux.

Possibility 1: Microsoft, Apple, Linux community developers and drivehq.com all did the WebDAV implementation wrong but still manage to maintain the inter-operability using the same URL

Possibility 2: Microsoft, Apple, Linux community developers and drivehq.com all implement WebDAV correctly.

By Occam's razor principle, possibility 2 is more likely.