The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-860L

DIR.860L Router Date and Time Loss

(1/6) > >>

marvol:
Hello.

Please I need assistance.

I have noticed that the router date and time changes constantly since September 1st, causing that the internet connection drops.

I set the date and time correctly using Dlink NTP with my GTM zone, sync, and date and time are restored, restarts the router, date and time are right just last just for half hour, when both are set back to GTM -6 Central Time US and Canada, always.

Tried setting time are date manually and sync with computer date and time, but date and time are lost half hour later.

Internet works for that half hour, then drops at the same moment the router date and time are lost.

Also noticed that when I connect pc to internet through wifi with dlink router dir-860L and view connection status, it shows that the "lease obtained" date and time are: oct, 3 2017, 15:20 and "lease expires" date and time are: nov 9 2153, 03:30. It lasts for 100 years!

When PC is connected through wire to my dlink router’s lan port, the "lease obtained" date and time are: oct, 3 2017, 15:20 and "lease expires" date and time are: oct 4 2017, 03:30 and internet works fine.
The Dlink router GTM Date and Time are right and stay right.

When pc connects directly to ISP modem through wired lan, the "lease obtained" date and time are: oct, 3 2017, 15:20 and "lease expires" date and time are: oct 4 2017, 03:30 Lease expires 24 hours after lease obtained, and internet works fine.
The Dlink router GTM Date and Time are right and stay right.

ISP modem is set in bridge mode. According to ISP they have not done any update or change to the cable modem.

DLink Router FW Rev. A 1.11., was updated on march 8 2017, worked great until the problem started on September 1, when router lost date and time configuration and lease obtained and expired dates and times got 100 years mismatched. Restoring router factory settings, reinstalling firmware, did not work.

Is there any relation between the date and time loss and the lease obtained and lease expire dates and times discrepancy?

How may this be solved?

Thank you very much.

FurryNutz:
Where did you get v1.11? I only see v1.10 being available for the 860L.

What browser are you using to configure the router?
What Mfr and model is the ISP modem?

What happens if you disable NTP services and manually set the time from PC?
What time zone are you in?

marvol:
Thanks FurryNutz for the prompt answer.

Where did you get v1.11? I only see v1.10 being available for the 860L.
http://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/Router/DIR-860L/Firmware/

What browser are you using to configure the router?
Tried with Internet Explorer and Chrome, both fail.

What Mfr and model is the ISP modem?
Arris TG1662G

What happens if you disable NTP services and manually set the time from PC?
The router itself, without my intervention, enables NTP services and set to GTM -6 Central Time US and Canada, half hour after i set date and time manually.

What time zone are you in?
GTM -4

FurryNutz:
Lets try loading v1.10 from the USA site.

marvol:
fw 1.10 didnt solved the issue.
Maybe there is an error within dlink ntp servers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version