D-Link DSL Modem/Routers > Other DSL modem/routers

DSL 2750U - Stuck on firmware upgrade page [Red Power Light]

(1/3) > >>

ska.hi92:
Hello!

I have a DLink 2750U. Whenever I switch it on for a fraction of a second it shows green power light and then switches to red power light permanently.

After assigning manual IP address, if I visit 192.168.1.1 - it shows the firmware upgrade page which is /upload.html. Here, after uploading the firmware it moves to a different page which is upload.cgi, it shows that firmware is being flashed into memory and router will restart in 2 minutes. After this router restarts but it's still the same, red power light and firmware upgrade screen.

The hardware version is C1. Last it was working fine I had NRU firmware [ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/ADSL/DSL-2750U/Firmware/Rev.C/1.0.14/DSL_2750_v1.0.14_cfe_fs_kernel] flashed in it. It worked good 3-4 years for me.

If possible, I need help in recovering it back to normal.

Thanks you!

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
Try following this: Emergency Recovery Mode
Use IE11 or FF, not Chrome.

If this fails, I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

ska.hi92:
Thanks for your reply.

This is in India. As per your suggestion I tried it in IE11 and Firefox. I also tried the curl method as mentioned for Mac. No luck.

Since, it's not in warranty - I'm not sure how much willing they will be to support. From email support so far, they have just sent firmwares. Nothing much of help.

Thanks

ska.hi92:
I want to highlight one interesting, amusing thing here though.

I had tried putting up a firmware like 8-10 hours back, in the morning. It was same result as mentioned in first post.

In the evening, I was playing with Wifi, WPS button. Then held the reset button and then turned on the power button. For some weird reason, it did boot correctly, WiFi also switched on. DHCP was able to get the correct IP addresses automatically.

After one restart - it's gone to same recovery state though. And, not working now.

Let me know if this can help get to a solution in any way.

Sankalp

FurryNutz:
I presume the Modem needs to be replaced.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version