The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-2330L

Plastic antenna coverin crumbled

(1/2) > >>

regmo0513:
Hello. I have 2 of these cameras. I went to move one of them around and the antenna crumbled in my hand. I noticed my other cameras plastic is cracked. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there a fix for this? Thanks.

RYAT3:

No.

Interesting though.  What kind of service duty is yours doing?   Is yours outdoors and in a lot of sunlight during the day?  Extreme temps?

FurryNutz:
I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

--- Quote from: regmo0513 on July 20, 2017, 06:59:11 PM ---Hello. I have 2 of these cameras. I went to move one of them around and the antenna crumbled in my hand. I noticed my other cameras plastic is cracked. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there a fix for this? Thanks.

--- End quote ---

cmontyburns:
Yes, this has happened to my 2330L that is mounted outdoors.  It's under a shallow eave so it is not totally exposed, but nor is it fully protected.  The plastic antenna sheath has crumbled away for the last inch or so of the antenna.  The bare antenna wire is poking out exposed.

This is annoying, but it has not affected the performance of the camera at all.

FurryNutz:
I guess that the case is made well for the out doors but the antenna housing isn't.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version