From the specs: http://us.dlink.com/products/business-solutions/16-port-copper-gigabit-switch/
Number of Ports
• DGS-1016D: Sixteen 10/100/1000 Gigabit ports
• DGS-1024D: Twenty-four 10/100/1000 Gigabit ports
• IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet
• IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
• IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
• ANSI/IEEE 802.3 NWay auto-negotiation
• IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
This is a "unmanagaged" switch so I presume this model doesn't have any sort of UI to do any management on the unit. Just plug and play and everything else is automatic.
You might phone contact D-Link support on the phone and ask them what "managed" switch models they have that would work for your specific product needs.