Hey thanks so much for the reply, and the extra info. We have been following this wireless theory to correct issues with wifi congestion on 2.4 and 5. I appreciate your help.
I have been doing some interesting testing here. I set this up on one desk:
1. SmartRG 505n, 2.4Ghz channel 1 (auto channel scan OFF)
2. TP-Link W8961ND, 2.4Ghz channel 1 (auto channel scan OFF)
3. DLINK DIR-605L, 2.4Ghz channel 1 (auto channel scan ON)
4. SmartRG 505n, 2.4Ghz channel 1 (auto channel scan ON)
I ran 'netsh wlan show networks mode=BSSID' to confirm all four devices were on channel 1.
I then wireless connected to device #1 and sent persistent pings (ping 192.168.1.1 -t).
Device #4, the second SmartRG 505n changed itself to channel 11 withing about a minute. Device #3 however, the DLINK DIR-605L is still on channel 1 after 12 minutes of pings so far.
I'm going to check for firmware updates on the DIR-605L right now.