The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-935L

DCS-935L Not available after power outage

(1/4) > >>

jexvqkB1b3o3:
We have had a few instances where the power has cut out recently (once for a few seconds, once for about a minute).   I have a DNR-202L, DCS-5222LB1, and 2 DCS-935L's in my network.   Everything came back on line except for the 935l's.   The 935l's were not available through the DNR-202L website or iPhone app or the mydlink Lite application.   The 5222LB1 was available and was showing the video from the camera.

The 935l's had a green light on the back, but just were offline everywhere.   (I didn't think about this at the time, but I should have also seen if local web access was available.   Something to do with the next thunder storm).

Everything has the most recent firmware.

I powered down the cameras.   When I plugged them back in, everything is working fine.

Has anyone else seen this issue?   Right now it's not a big problem, because I'm at the house where they are installed.   But, in 2 weeks, I'll be spending an extended period of time at our second house.   Then, it's a real issue if it happens and I'm not home.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
* What region are you located?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?

Try the following and see if this might help: Set a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.93 and .94.

jexvqkB1b3o3:
Hardware version: A1
Firmware version DCS-935L:  V1.08.06
Region: USA

The router is an ASUS RT-AC68U
It looks like the 935L's are connecting using the 2.4GHz band.   

FurryNutz:
I would test one 935L alone with a static IP address. Turn off ALL other devices on 2.4ghz and then pull the power adapter for the 935L to simulate a power failure. Plug in and test.

What wireless modes are configured on the router? Mixed modes?
What wireless security settings are configured on the router? Mixed or WPA2 only? Recommend WPA2 and AES only. Can try WPA2 and TPIK only and test to see if same thing happens with camera.

jexvqkB1b3o3:
Thanks FurryNutz.

I've been able to recreate the problem (step 1 in any debugging situation).   I wanted to make sure I could recreate the problem before I started to randomly messing around with settings.   

So, simply pulling the power isn't enough to cause the issue.   I have to have the router powered down when I restart the camera.   Then I get the issue where the camera isn't available anywhere.   (BTW, the local web access doesn't work--that makes sense now.)

When I recreated the problem, I did notices that there was an extra wireless network in the list of available wireless networks.   It matches the WiFi Name(SSID) listed on the back of the camera.   

It appears that if the wireless network configured in the camera isn't available, the camera defaults to create on itself (probably so that it can be configured).   

It looks like the router is taking longer than the camera to boot up and start accepting connections.   So, the camera is creating the configuration WiFi network because it can't connect to the one it's configured for.

I've just configured the 935L for a static IP and it is still creating the camera based WiFi if the configured network isn't available.   

I've looked and I don't see a configuration setting in the camera to control this.   Is there a way to turn that off and have it continue to look for the configured network?

(BTW, the router is configed for mixed wireless modes [on both 5GHz and 2.4Ghz], and is configured for WPA2/AES).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version