The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-2630L

Manual Setup

<< < (2/7) > >>

RYAT3:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on January 30, 2016, 11:40:51 AM ---They are not listed in the user manual?  ???

--- End quote ---

Uhh, ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DCS-2630L/REVA/DCS-2630L_REVA_MANUAL_1.00_EN_US.PDF
, not in so many words.

Page 10/11.  They really are pushing the QR scan and Dlink cloud router.  I think I mentioned previously there will be a lot of support complaints on setup.

bschamac:
BadMojo, thanks for the workaround.  Unfortunately that partial lobotomy must be catching up to me, as I logon to the camera just fine, but when I try either of these things, it all goes south:

•Configure camera using web interface
     •Connect to wifi network of your choice

I get a "This page can’t be displayed" error after I authenticate on my wireless network.
what am I missing (other than a few brain cells...)

RYAT3:

--- Quote from: bschamac on March 20, 2016, 01:01:21 PM ---BadMojo, thanks for the workaround.  Unfortunately that partial lobotomy must be catching up to me, as I logon to the camera just fine, but when I try either of these things, it all goes south:

•Configure camera using web interface
     •Connect to wifi network of your choice

I get a "This page can’t be displayed" error after I authenticate on my wireless network.
what am I missing (other than a few brain cells...)

--- End quote ---

I had major issues connecting to hidden SSID network.  Doesn't like it. Had to connect to 2.4 ghz non hidden before it would connect to my now unhidden 5Ghz ssid.

Or at least that's what I remember.

bschamac:
Thanks RYAT -  that was the shove in the right direction that I needed, altho I wouldn't know a hidden SSID if it came up and bit me on the ass. 

After the initial camera connect (to 10.255.255.1), I tweaked the wireless settings (to point to my REAL SSID) and saved.  To figure out what the  IP was, I looked on my modem's 'device' page and found it there.  Boom, I'm connected to my wireless network, and I've also got Blue Iris configured -  awesome.  I'd like to assign a static IP to my cameras, but I'm gonna quit for today.

HUGE thanks to BadMojo, again - I was dead in the water with that damn myDLink applet.   Agreed, DLink should leave the applet to the tech newbs and publish your solution (for 'Manual Configuration').   

BTW, I bought these DLinks to replace a couple of Foscams that gave up the ghost after just two years.  Foscam tech support was 1000% better than D-Link's but their hardware is s***e IMHO.  D-Link phone tech support has ranged from lame to plain wrong (sorry FuzzyNutz, but it's true); fortunately, this forum fills that gap nicely.

Barry

RYAT3:
I'd like to take back all the talk about Hidden SSID network.

Today, I unhid my 5Ghz SSID's and the 2630l camera still can't connect for BLEEP.  And when it does - it is SUPER slow.  This is with an ASUS RT-AC3200.
Smart Connect is OFF.

It only works well on the 2.4Ghz network.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version