The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-810L

DIR-810L How do you setup the QOS?

(1/4) > >>

whitemenace:
Hi, I share internet with a couple of people and they use the internet all day and it really slows me down when I try to do schoolwork so I'm wondering how I can set up the QOS. I'm not really tech savvy so when I tried to set it up, I had no idea what to enter in. Any help would be great. Thanks

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?
Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
* What ISP Modem service link speeds UP and Down do you have? Link> Speed Testing Sites
Please review this and look at the Other Devices rule and setup the QoS as needed. Set another rule for your PC and give a higher priority:
Gaming and QoS for XBL

yakult:
Hi, I have the same router, and the same exact concern.

My Hardware version is B1, firmware version is 2.03. I'm in the Asia Pacific region.

I'm on a cable internet connection. Modem is a Scientific Atlanta 2100. DL is 2.57Mbps, UL is 0.90Mbps

I'd like to be able to limit the bandwidth on a specific machine. So far, my searches online have only given tips on how to limit bandwidth for all users.

Help, please. Thanks!

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?

Please review this and look at the Other Devices rule and setup the QoS as needed. Set another rule for your PC and give a higher priority:
Gaming and QoS for XBL
Does your QoS router menu feature look like this at all?

--- Quote from: yakult on November 22, 2016, 01:48:08 AM ---Hi, I have the same router, and the same exact concern.

My Hardware version is B1, firmware version is 2.03. I'm in the Asia Pacific region.

I'm on a cable internet connection. Modem is a Scientific Atlanta 2100. DL is 2.57Mbps, UL is 0.90Mbps

I'd like to be able to limit the bandwidth on a specific machine. So far, my searches online have only given tips on how to limit bandwidth for all users.

Help, please. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

yakult:
Hi, I'm from the Philippines.

This is how my QoS looks:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version