The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-2210

Time between firmware releases?

(1/3) > >>

MrP:
Hi,

Anyone that knows how D-Link plan their FW releases?
It's been a while they released 1.20, and to me it feels that
they don't really care to improve the camera products :(

When reading posts here on D-Link Forum, there are several requests,
as well as feedback on functions/features that need to be improved.

If D-Link are not interested in product care, please make the code open source.
Not open source as today, but really "Open Source" like in the "Entire source code"

JavaLawyer:
Unfortunately, D-Link does not publish their firmware release roadmap for any of their products.  Additionally, I have yet to see any D-Link firmware made open source. I particularly doubt D-Link will make their FW open source as the base firmware approach is shared across their active network camera product lines.

MrP:
Do anyone know if ANY new firmware for DCS-2210 is in progress, and maybe with some of the requested features collected on this site???

I start to feel that maybe D-Link should remove the "Cameras for Business" in their marketing. Otherwise they could have a look at Axis that actually do products for "Business" and maintain as well as improve products regularly... Good thing is that I could place the D-Link cameras in "much less" important places and place Axis cameras there instead, until new FW (that hopefully contains improvements and features) are available.

Sad since the camera has potential...

evilslon:
New firmware (v 1.22) is out => http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DCS-2210   ;D

RYAT3:

--- Quote from: evilslon on March 09, 2015, 04:18:28 AM ---New firmware (v 1.22) is out => http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DCS-2210   ;D

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I bought a 2210L this year (2016) and it's still f/w 1.00.10. (1.10 on the link?)

I couldn't get video in IE (untrusted/expired cert)..but chrome played 1 frame per 3 seconds or so...

Surprisingly - mydlinklite app isn't complaining to upgrade.

And I don't have the guest account in the user list that was removed a few f/w's later? ???

I'm definitely impressed with the h264 in 1080 through the app.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version