The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-2210

Issue with sound crackeling

(1/3) > >>

mustangchris04:
I am experiencing an issue with the camera's audio crackling very loudly to a point where you cannot understand any spoken words from those in the camera's view. The only way to resolve the issue is to reset the camera from the web interface, after resetting the camera the issue is fixed and then it comes back a few hours later. Both of my brand new cameras are doing this. Connected to Cisco gigabit PoE switch. No issues with bandwidth, and the video frame is absolutly fine, it is just the audio. I changed the codec to g.711 from g.726 but that didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

mustangchris04:
Before I went to bed I reset the cameras and the sound was perfect. When I woke up this morning the sound was crackeling horribly on both cameras.

JavaLawyer:
If both cameras are impacted I suspect that the only common factor would be some environmental cause. Are both cameras plugged into the same electrical outlet? Can you move one of the cameras to another physical location (perhaps another building) to eliminate electrical or other competing signals as the root cause?

mustangchris04:
Cameras are plugged into a Cicsco enterprise grade PoE switch. Each camera is on the opposite end of the house with a dedicated wire. I installed a DCS-7010L this morning and it does not have the same audio symptoms as these 2210 models.

mustangchris04:
I brought the camera to my office and it had the same problem. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version