The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-320L

Replacing fan on DNS-320L

(1/12) > >>

rlcabral:
Hi,

I've bought a new fan (NB-BlackSilentFan XM-1) and after installing it, the system can't start the fan. The log says: Fan Is Unable To Spin Or Fan Doesn't Exist

Here are the specs of the new fan:

--- Code: ---Size: 40x40x10 mm
Rated voltage: 12v
Voltage range: 8,5v-13,8v
Input power: 0,36W

--- End code ---

Considering the specs of the original fan (AVC DS04010B12U):

--- Code: ---Size: 40x40x10 mm
Rated voltage: 12v
Voltage range: ???
Input power: ???

--- End code ---

I think the new fan should work. I already tested the fan on a computer and it worked normally, so the fan is not defective.

Does anyone know if this fan, or a fan with these specs, works on DNS-320L?

pizzaking:
I had the same problem when i changed my fan to a Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX. The problem turned out to be that the polarity is switched on the connector used for the fan. The solution was to cut the plug of the new fan and switch the negative and positive wires around.

I hope that helps.

rlcabral:

--- Quote from: pizzaking on March 14, 2013, 12:28:53 PM ---I had the same problem when i changed my fan to a Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX. The problem turned out to be that the polarity is switched on the connector used for the fan. The solution was to cut the plug of the new fan and switch the negative and positive wires around.

I hope that helps.

--- End quote ---

That worked! Thanks a lot  :)

I wonder who had the idea to made the system with polarity inverted. AVC who made the fan or D-Link who built the board. AFAIK, all the fans in the market are exactly the opposite. Well, at least they are not using 5v fans anymore. It would be a nightmare to find a fan for replacement.

ddsar:
thanks!

tsomby:
have you seen any improve with this fan? i am about to buy a new one because i can't stand the noise of the stock one!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version