• March 28, 2024, 09:25:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Telnet user/pass for Dir-412  (Read 16578 times)

khal3d

• Level 1 Member
Telnet user/pass for Dir-412
« on: February 24, 2013, 04:13:09 PM »

I try to connect to DIR-412, over telnet and it reply ! But it accept not to log into by admin or root as user. So can you help us : your d-link router's fans !

My DIR-412, has H/w : Bx with F/w updated : 2.02
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:29:27 PM by khal3d »

Hard Harry

Re: Telnet user/pass for Dir-412
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 12:51:16 AM »

I don't see any mention of telnet access in the datasheets or manual. Also looked at the emulator and don't see any option to enable or disable a feature like that. Also this page says it doesn't have telnet or ssh so I think your out of luck. Why, what do you need it for? Maybe I can think of a work around?

khal3d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 05:37:44 AM »

It's right that's nothing wrote into Doc/Manual but the router accept request on port via 23 with telnet protocol and that means DIR-412 has telnet service activated and it's enabled but need's right login/pass to access.

We need an official help ! Because who maintains the firmware for DIR-412 know which user can access to telnet...

Thanks for your reply Harry.

Hard Harry

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 02:16:08 PM »

Well do you have port forwarding of port 23 to a particular computer? If so, your probably getting a response from that computer. I don't see why they would allow telnet on the router and not give a option to turn it off, since it can be a possible security vulnerability. As for getting a "official" help, your in the wrong place.  No Dlink employee's post or monitor. If you want something official, need to call Dlink.

khal3d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 03:26:39 PM »

thanks again brother,

It's not particular, i tried it both on Linux and windows and it reply on telnet but that need the right login to connect...And if i am into wrong place why this forums exist ???

D-link don't have an office into Morocco to contact them, and i wrote for MENA but without reply so that's why i'm here !

It's great to find someone help you.

Hard Harry

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »

Its a user based forum. It exsist so users can help other users with configuration problems and the like. Dlink doesn't currently offer direct support through it. There are some moderators, but even they are just users who have been entrusted with the well being of the forum.

As for a Morocco contact, have you tried:

http://www.dlinkmea.com/staticpages/?sid=4

D-Link - Morocco
M.I.T.C
Route de Nouaceur angle RS et CT 1029 Bureau N° 312 ET 337
Casablanca , Maroc
Phone : +212 663 72 73 24
Email: support.na@dlink-me.com

khal3d

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 03:53:56 PM »

Okey,

I will call them, and i will reply for you incha allah to be a log for us the users...

:D