• March 28, 2024, 09:02:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5605/5635  (Read 6677 times)

PeterK821

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5605/5635
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:41:41 PM »

So, I'm the proud owner of a new DCS-5635 and have run into a problem.  In the manual, the "Image Setup" menu on the web page for the camera has numerous neat advanced options like AGC control, 2D/3D noise control, backlight compensation, shutter/iris control, and so on.  However, when I access that page on the camera I have, none of those exist...just the basic brightness/contrast/etc.  On the screenshot in the manual, the advanced options are right below this basic section, but...that doesn't exist on my camera's actual page.  What gives????

PeterK821

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-5605/5635
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:49:58 PM »

I'm using IE...that's not the problem.  The page doesn't appear corrupt or that something should be there but isn't properly displaying.  It simply appears that those features are simply not there...even though the manual says they should be.  Its extremely odd and frustrating.

JonasQ

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:47:39 PM »

Well in that case... why don't you try Firefox? The Live Video section won't work but maybe the advanced settings will. I'm not joking btw... for me to do event settings setup on my DCS-2230 I need to do it in Firefox for it to work.

Brgds...   /Jonas

PeterK821

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:33:30 AM »

I've tried all the browsers I can think of now.  Those features simply aren't there...its as if D-Link removed them but didn't update the documentation for the camera to reflect this.  Its extremely frustrating because certain items (like backlight compensation) would be very useful and would be something I would expect to find in a device this expensive.  Does anyone else have this camera (either the 5605 or the 5635) and have these features?

PeterK821

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 02:24:54 PM »

Does anyone else have one of these cameras?  Either the DCS-5605 or the DCS-5635?  Of course, D-Link's tech support was useless...they don't even seem to really know about the models at all.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 04:47:03 PM »

Try resetting the camera to factory defaults and check again.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

PeterK821

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 06:28:06 AM »

No luck with resetting to factory defaults.  Still no advanced image settings.  And again, the page does not look like its rendering improperly...its like that section was simply removed.  I wish I could insert an image here, but basically the manual says the page should have this (of course I can't show the boxes next to each but you get the idea).  At the top of the page the current image is shown, then below:

------------------------------------
Image settings
Brightness      Saturation
Contrast         Sharpness
Flip                Mirror
B/W
Advanced Image settings
Auto Gain Control          Back Light Compensation
2D Noise Reduction       3D Noise Reduction
Preferred Mode
Iris Mode                      Iris Value
Sense-Up                     Sense-Up Value
Shutter Mode                Shutter Value

White Balance           
Red Offset                     Blue Offset
Wide Dynamice Range    Deinterlace
Reset to defaults button

====================================

What my page has is:

Image settings
Brightness      Saturation
Contrast         Sharpness
Flip                Mirror
B/W
Reset to defautls button

There's no strange rendering at all...the top of the page has the current image, and the page looks perfectly normal...EXCEPT, there are no advanced image settings.  It REALLY looks like they were removed from the production version of the camera I have and I wish I could verify that which is why I'm wondering if anyone else here has this model.

lons

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 12:57:30 AM »

Have you found the "Advanced Image settings"?