• March 28, 2024, 06:08:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DCS-942L Motion settings  (Read 44245 times)

acellier

• Level 4 Member
Re: DCS-942L Motion settings
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »

Should that be in mydlink faq?
Logically, belongs in the camera faq ...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 02:47:36 PM »

Should that be in mydlink faq?
Logically, belongs in the camera faq ...

We only have one FAQ board dedicated to IP Cameras, D-ViewCam, and mydlink.com.  "myDlink" is the new branding for the IP Camera series: myDlink FAQ
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:41:32 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

mrMagoo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 06:44:08 AM »

I've been tinkering with the motion-trigger-settings on my newly purchased 942L to the
point where I was ready to bring it back to the store, but finally I think I found a pattern.

Maybe it's just me, in which case I need to dig deeper, but I've set up the camera in my driveway
and with pretty much the whole FoV selected as a sensing area and it was virtually impossible to
get the camera to detect motion.
However, with a single line along the driveway it detect the slightest motion that moves in/across that
line, all other settings being the same, so to me it seems that somehow the surface area of the
"detection zone" messes with the overall sensitivity.

//M

winny72

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 02:48:00 AM »

I've been tinkering with the motion-trigger-settings on my newly purchased 942L to the
point where I was ready to bring it back to the store, but finally I think I found a pattern.

Maybe it's just me, in which case I need to dig deeper, but I've set up the camera in my driveway
and with pretty much the whole FoV selected as a sensing area and it was virtually impossible to
However, with a single line along the driveway it detect the slightest motion that moves in/across that
line, all other settings being the same, so to me it seems that somehow the surface area of the

//M

Now they are months that I try to change settings, but I believe that the combination of PIR sensor with that of movement creates problems to the management software. Besides having many false movements at times, but often changing settings I continued interceptions. I think bring it on back.
Sorry for my english.
My camera is 942lB

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 09:30:42 AM »

Kind of out dated for this thread. Hope it helps future users.

//M

Now they are months that I try to change settings, but I believe that the combination of PIR sensor with that of movement creates problems to the management software. Besides having many false movements at times, but often changing settings I continued interceptions. I think bring it on back.
Sorry for my english.
My camera is 942lB
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.
Pages: 1 [2]