• April 27, 2024, 06:15:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Hard Drive list & Security questions  (Read 3341 times)

lyian

• Level 1 Member
Hard Drive list & Security questions
« on: May 04, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »

Hello!

I noticed that Newegg has discontinued the 323, and soon after i found out about the 325.

Does this unit support the Samsung F3 drive? (im looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152238 in particular

Also, what kind of network security does this unit have? As far as protecting specific folders.

Will the 320 allow media players (network blu-ray players, xbox 360s' ect) to connect to and play content from it? Or is the 325 needed for that?

My primary goal is to get a large hard-drive accessible on the network and i don't really want to dedicate an entire computer for that due to space/power usage. I also like the option to host a printer off of these so i can share that as well. However there are some files i dont want roommates getting access to, so i need to password those. I also would like to be able to access movies and music and such from the living room via a media device.

Anyone with experience with this would be helpful.

Thanks

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: Hard Drive list & Security questions
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:37:30 PM »

Both devices, DNS-320 and DNS-325 have some media options. Both have a DLNA certified media server which allows DLNA clients or TV's to play files from them over the network. Both units have network shares and permissions to go along with those. You can create users and groups with specific access to specified folders on your drive(s).