• April 19, 2024, 07:11:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can anyone help me with this error?  (Read 16149 times)

MarcTolbert

• Level 1 Member
Can anyone help me with this error?
« on: September 23, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »

I have a D-Link Voice Center setup.  The administrator software is reporting an error retrieving configuration data and will not allow me to do anything.  I need to restore from a backup and the problem is that I have lost my backups of the system.  Does anyone have a backup from when they first got their system that they could send me,  or does D-Link have a way to rebuild the unit to the initial software settings?  Basically totally wiping and resetting the unit would probably be the best way to fix it.

Please help.

pantherpics

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can anyone help me with this error?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 11:07:47 AM »

Don't know if you ever got your issue figured out, but here is what I had to do. I bought a barely used D-link response point system for my business. Everything was in good working order, but after doing the initial upgrade to sp2 and then having a power outage the next night, the base unit became unresponsive. I spent several hours with D-link tech support trying to get it figured out and they weren't able to get anywhere and told me there seemed to be a hardware issue.

As a last ditch effort I loaded the ResponsePointEraseData.exe from the utility folder onto a flash drive. Then I powered down the base unit, plugged the flashdrive in and powered up the base unit again.

This cleared whatever problem had occured and reset the unit. I lost the very small amount of setup that I had done, but everything has been good for the following 3 weeks or so since.

Hope this is helpful.

JP

phoreolve

• Level 1 Member
  • [url=http://whois.my-addr.com/online-domain-whois-lookup-demo.php]web whois[/url]
Can anyone help me with this error
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 03:52:07 PM »

Hi All

i was wondering if anyone could help me i am running with Tesco broadband but would like to set it up to run with a wireless broadband router. Could anyone explain how i do this?

any and all help very gratefully received.

BR
Paul