• February 17, 2018, 10:57:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:49:56 PM 
Started by dr_pepper - Last post by FurryNutz
Might try removing the app then re-installing. Or try removing the device from the mydlink.com service. Then re-add it using the app then see if you can give it a new name.

I have the same problem. It used to work.   I have several cameras which I previously named based on location (Front, Garage, Yard, etc).  Now that I moved the cameras around I want to rename it, it keeps defaulting back to the old names after i change it.  Any recommendations?

on: Today at 05:28:46 PM 
Started by dr_pepper - Last post by gkjeung
I have the same problem. It used to work.   I have several cameras which I previously named based on location (Front, Garage, Yard, etc).  Now that I moved the cameras around I want to rename it, it keeps defaulting back to the old names after i change it.  Any recommendations?

on: Today at 11:12:44 AM 
Started by Cyberg - Last post by FurryNutz
What kind of firewall rules do you have set?

Do different browser's experience the same issue?

I don't get a log in window for D-Links FTP site here.

on: Today at 11:10:40 AM 
Started by rgraves - Last post by FurryNutz
Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations
  • What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
  • What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

What is the IP address your seeing?

on: Today at 11:08:46 AM 
Started by 936User - Last post by FurryNutz
I've put my 936L where my 960L was and set for 70%. Set 3 different detection spots only. I'll check on what it does.

on: Today at 11:01:33 AM 
Started by ArvinderGill - Last post by FurryNutz
Let us know how the new router FW works out...

if nothing changes, you will need to phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

on: Today at 01:49:10 AM 
Started by ArvinderGill - Last post by ArvinderGill

What FW is currently loaded on the ASUS router?

checked today - there is a new FW to update - one fix says issues with Ecryption and Auth. lets see how this works out.

Is any smart connect, beamforming or MIMO enabled on the router? Try disabling all of these and re-connect a camera. This maybe a router issue or router FW issue.

I doubt these are the root causes - i also tried previously with a TP-LINK router, a lower end without all these features. still no luck.
What is really confusing is the DCS 5222L connects perfectly - and works like a charm.

What region are you located?
KL - Malaysia

on: Today at 01:30:55 AM 
Started by ArvinderGill - Last post by ArvinderGill
Have you called tech support?

Yes - they told me to ditch the wizard and mydlink lite app - try using the administration webUI - wireless settings - still no success in getting it connected

Did you try all 7 cameras and none connected??

i have 7 - tried with 4 - did not open the packaging for the other 3.

Have you tried WPS and did it connect?

Yes - no it did not connect

I haven't heard of any incompatibility issues with the asus router. When you enter the Wifi password, does it ever connect or just fail at that point? If you have special characters for your password, try using just numbers and letters on the router to test. Also passwords are case-sensitive.

Yes - i have special characters in my password - its meant to be strong. nonetheless, i will give this a shot - if this works, these camera's have poor security standards.

Also just to test maybe disable WPA2 on the router and see if it connects (to rule out an encryption issue).

I disabled it completely - for a brief time - my WiFi was open - no ecryption, whatsoever, still no luck

I usually always WPS the camera/router. Once the LED is solid green on the camera, launch the mydlink app and "add a device". Click next through the WPS screens.

this does not work for me, unfortunately.

on: February 16, 2018, 09:34:30 PM 
Started by Cyberg - Last post by Cyberg
I do see logging concerning FTP when I attempt to connect using a browser (i.e. ftp://ftp2.dlink.com).  As an experiment, I opened a command prompt and entered "ftp ftp2.dlink.com" and I was connected and prompted to logon.  I tried username "anonymous" and the result was "Connection closed by remote host".

Interestingly, the browser and command prompt attempts both result in the same type of entries in the router log under category Firewall (see below).  The difference is the browser doesn't provide any detail about attempting to log on anonymously.  The browser just displays the generic message: "This site can't be reached.  The connection was reset."  Below is an example router log entry showing the failed FTP anonymous login attempt.

FIREWALL        Alert        [Fri Feb 16 22:58:34 2018(GMT-0600)] [DSR-250] [3.11B101H] [Firewall] [Alert] [IPS] [*DROP*[1:553:7] POLICY FTP anonymous login attempt [Classification: Misc activity] [Priority: 3]: {TCP} <MyRouterIpAddress>:49837 -> 54.187.190.227:21]

on: February 16, 2018, 04:00:36 PM 
Started by rgraves - Last post by rgraves
I'm seeing an unknown IP address in the Internet sessions tab of my router.  I look on the device info page and it is not listed there.  It's also not listed on the wireless page.  The only things listed there are devices I know we have.

I'm thinking it's probably a legitimate device of ours and maybe just an old IP but is there anyway to figure out what device it is?  All I see is the IP address plus two TCP counts on the page.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10