• May 26, 2017, 11:01:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:12:25 PM 
Started by generator85 - Last post by FurryNutz
Does SMB work?

on: Today at 04:19:19 PM 
Started by generator85 - Last post by generator85
I can't get AFP working for Disk2. Disk1 is working fine. When connecting to afp://ip.to.my.nas it shows both disks, but when connecting to disk2 it just keeps loading and eventually shows the error "The share does not exist on the server. Please check the share name, and then try again."

Edit: It seems NFS isn't working at all. When connecting in MacOS it throws the error "You do not have permission to access this server." (don't even get the chance enter a username/password).

on: Today at 02:08:41 PM 
Started by josephwit - Last post by josephwit
Thanks for detailed help, PacketTracer. I pretty much slaved through it and I think I came up with what you are saying, though of course my port numbers are different. To clarify - for the default VLAN 1, I have all of my connected devices as untagged members, giving all devices internet access, with only the physical port connected to my router being assigned that VLAN. My admin computer is on VLAN 2, but I did not lose admin access when assigning the computer's port to VLAN 2. VLAN 2 contains the computer, another computer, an NAS drive, and the router port as untagged members. The IOT VLAN has the IOT device ports and the router port as members. It seems to be working as intended - does this sound correct?

One additional complication is that I also have my router (Asus RT-AC68U) managing quite a few wi-fi devices, both computers and IOTs. I have an IOT guest network that is isolated from the main computer network - so the wireless IOTs don't see the other devices - but the router sees them, and the router is connected to the switch, so the computers plugged into the switch are not isolated from them. I am thinking I would need a separate gateway router, with no connected devices, plugging into the switch, and a second router, acting as an access point, plugged into another port on  the switch in order to complete isolate both wired and wireless IOTs from computers - true? No way to do with just the single router and single switch?

This is basically a home network, and I am doing this as a hobby to learn and for fun, as well as for security. I don't think I am first on the list to be hacked through my thermostat...  :-X Thanks!

on: Today at 01:31:47 PM 
Started by patkim - Last post by FurryNutz
Sounds like it.  ;)

on: Today at 12:55:59 PM 
Started by patkim - Last post by patkim
Thanks for the reply. I was trying IPv6 in IPv4 Tunnel settings as given by Tunnel Broker. For these settings DIR 615 does no reboot, it just takes 10-15 seconds to  save the settings but looks like it reconnects to ISP and gets a new Dynamic IP thereby breaking the tunnel as the WAN IPv4 changes after Save operation
I guess the only solution for me is to ask for a Static IP from my ISP.

on: Today at 11:45:23 AM 
Started by JChan - Last post by RYAT3
Post some pics of your setup. How the Dnr and router are connected.

You are able to access the router web pages?

on: Today at 11:31:00 AM 
Started by JChan - Last post by GreenBay42
Can you ping the DNR-202L?  (Open Network Utility, click Ping. Enter the IP address of the DNR-202L and click ping). 

on: Today at 11:06:18 AM 
Started by JChan - Last post by FurryNutz
Try using Safari or FF to connect to the DNR?

After a factory reset, you should be able to access the DNRs web page at the give IP address from the router.

on: Today at 09:37:06 AM 
Started by JChan - Last post by JChan
So it's been a few weeks. I had to walk away from this frustrating issue.

Re-examining the situation now. This setup is now on my desk in front of me.

I've returned the 2nd unit to Amazon since that was still within the return policy.

1. I am using another Mac with the latest Sierra update.
2. I bought a new router to test this. (Asus AC1300) It is not connected to the internet.
3. Two devices on the network, so nothing could be conflicting with them. (DNR and Mac)
4. Reset the DNR-202L. Light blinks blue, then a solid red ring.
5. I'm not able to connect to the device via IP address that is assigned by the router. Chrome comes back with a "site took too long to respond". This is after I power on the DNR and ass well as letting it sit for a minute. It won't sit any longer because it reboots on its own.
6. Tried to update the firmware again with a USB drive, but I don't believe it is taking the update. The light keeps blinking blue until I let go. Then it blinks red once or twice and goes to a solid red. There was a recommendation to connect directly to the DNR before updating, but getting a connection is an issue.
7. As an alternative to holding down the button, I also taped the button down and let it go for 20+ minutes. Same thing happened after I released the button.
8. Tested with multiple different USB drives in case that was the issue.
9. Tested with three different network cables, not including the one shipped from the manufacturer.
10. I've also tried to use the DNR-202L Setup Wizard. As expected, it did not find the device.

Any other suggestions? Because I hate to have to sit on the phone with tech support and get dropped again after a transfer. :)

on: Today at 09:12:29 AM 
Started by GreenBay42 - Last post by GreenBay42
This topic has been moved to DCS-8200LH.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=66689.0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10