• April 19, 2024, 02:34:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WPS Setup of Wireless Client Not Working  (Read 10116 times)

Pyriel

• Level 1 Member
WPS Setup of Wireless Client Not Working
« on: June 11, 2009, 07:03:58 PM »

I'm hoping someone might have some suggestions on how to get WPS working correctly.  I replaced my old WRT54G a few weeks ago with a DIR-825.  I also just got a new Nintendo DSi and was hoping to connect it to my network, as the DSi now supports WPA2 (the older DS units only supported WEP, so I never connected them.)  I was also glad to see the DSi supports WPS so I wouldn't have to input my 63 random character key one at a time on the virtual DS keyboard.

I have made several attempts, but they all fail.  I've tried both the PIN method and the push button method.  Here is what appears in the log every time I make an attempt:
[INFO]   Thu Jun 11 21:42:23 2009   primary: Unset Selected Registrar
[WARN]   Thu Jun 11 21:42:23 2009   primary: WPS Internal Registrar did not receive request from any wireless station in 2 minutes and stopped.
[INFO]   Thu Jun 11 21:40:23 2009   primary: WPS Internal Registrar started PIN registration
[INFO]   Thu Jun 11 21:40:23 2009   primary: Set Selected Registrar
[INFO]   Thu Jun 11 21:40:23 2009   primary: Unset Selected Registrar

So it's supposedly running on the router, but the router isn't hearing anything from the DSi.  Out of curiosity, I tried temporarily changing my PSK to something very short and simple.  WPS still failed, but I was able to set up a manual connection successfully.  I was able to confirm WiFi on the DSi is working and it is talking to the 825, but for whatever reason they do not seem to be hooking up on WPS attempts.

Router is hardware A1 and the default 1.01 firmware.  Running 802.11n & g mixed on 2.4 GHz.  5GHz is currently disabled.  Security is WPA2 AES.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other WPS devices to test with the router.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?  Is there some setting on the router I may have overlooked?

Thank you for your help.

Benster

• Level 1 Member
Re: WPS Setup of Wireless Client Not Working
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:52:30 PM »

WPS simply doesn't work... I bought a D-Link DAP-1522 wireless bridge and it did not work (had all sorts of problems). Went up to a L3 tech until he mentioned "ah, WPS, well, just do the setup manually"...

Unsure if they fixed this in 1.11 while pretty much messed up everything else that worked well before.
Good luck.

Pyriel

• Level 1 Member
Re: WPS Setup of Wireless Client Not Working
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »

I was afraid someone would say that.  :(