• April 19, 2024, 01:33:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: multiply access points same SSID  (Read 26181 times)

cancunvillas

• Level 1 Member
multiply access points same SSID
« on: January 25, 2011, 10:29:02 AM »

Hi
I have 4 of the phones. It took me a while but i finally got them registered as extensions on my Talkswitch PBX (which already has some Snom and Polycom IP phones on it.)

I have one problem... they don't seem to connect with all my AP.

I have a new Cisco system with VPN "N" QoS Router (WRVS4400N) + 3 Cisco "N" AP (WAP4400N) + 2 Ubiquiti Nanostations - the whole network is B/G/N and WAP2 AES - same SSID. I got these for my staff so i can get rid of the radios and have them as extension to the PBX.

?? each AP is under a different channel (#1 - 2.412 GHz, #5 - 2.432 GHz & #3 - 2.4226 GHz) and the system has WDS...I'm still learning about this router....so i need some advise maybe i am setting something up wrong???

The phones work as long as they are inside of the nanostation on the antenna outside of the buidings...however when i go inside the villas I don't register with the AP (great signal from AP in each villa.) I bought these so the staff could be anywhere and get a call.

I have tested with both Fixed IP and DHCP...i have NAT disabled.
please advise.
thanks
liza