• April 26, 2024, 05:34:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Keep Seeing Hardware Configuration Screen Everytime I login Admin Console  (Read 12398 times)

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member

Very strange, something about those drives or the format it doesn't like.

Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

jorbit1

• Level 1 Member

I just read the supported hard drive thread and my western digital 1 tr black drives aren't listed. The dlink site mentions drives that use advanced formatting, I didn't see anything about that on the western digital site, does anyone how I can verify this ?

Drive spec
WD1001FALS

dosborne

• Level 5 Member

The affected drive models are listed in sticky at the top of the forum and the WD site (link in the sticky thread).

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=12977.0
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

jorbit1

• Level 1 Member

Thanks dosborne, that's good news, so my drives do not use Advanced Formatting Technology. I also found my drives are not on the list of supported drives in the other sticky, but I can't imagine they've tested every single hard drive out there ?

dosborne

• Level 5 Member

Correct. Many models of drives from different manufacturers will work just fine even if not on the list.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

stdio

• Level 1 Member

please try cmd :

hd_verify -w

then try web page again.
hope it is helpful.

jorbit1

• Level 1 Member

Hi stdio,

thank you for the suggestion, I'm new to the dns323 but not new to computers. I'm not really sure where I would type in that command, I would assume it would have to be on the nas itself ? To do that I would also assume I need to telnet/ssh to the nas ? To do that I would assume I need to install some type of fun_plug that would allow me to do that? If all my assumptions are correct, and I've completed all the necessary steps, where would I execute the command, root or some other location ?

I apologize for all the newbie questions, I'm not really at a state where I wanted to start funplugging the nas, as you can tell.

Thanks,
Jimmy

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member

Did you start from scratch? You haven't indicated if you have.
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

jorbit1

• Level 1 Member

Nope Jamie, I haven't had a chance to yet.

Thanks,
Jimmy

jorbit1

• Level 1 Member

Good news the hardware configuration screen no longer shows up. I did a full restore, reset the nas first then I followed the prompts for configuring a raid 1. It worked great, not even one glitch. I'm thinking the cause may have been the way I initially configured the nas to be a stand alone and then later added in a second drive and then reconfigured it for raid 1. Now that I think about it I actually updated the firmware to 1.08 first, then installed the first drive stand alone, copied all my data to it, then installed the second drive,  where it prompted me to configure (I choose raid 1) and it began sync'ing up the drives.  I wonder if it was because of the firmware upgrade ? Either way I just got me new gigabit switch from newegg and my transfers speeds are as low as 10mb and as high as 18mb (using jumbo frame), so my systems coming along nicely and I couldn't be happier. My next step is to look into fun_plugging my nas, no rush though.

Thanks again everyone for your help.
Jimmy

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member

Great, we love success stories. :D
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

jorbit1

• Level 1 Member

That makes two of us  ;D , Do you think you could point me in the direction of fun_plug tutorial or anything that might help me on my venture?

Thanks,
Jimmy

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!
Pages: 1 [2]