• March 29, 2024, 12:32:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Issues with DIR-825 Rev. B1 2.01EU  (Read 6319 times)

Jaap-Jan

• Level 1 Member
Issues with DIR-825 Rev. B1 2.01EU
« on: August 26, 2009, 05:58:59 AM »

Hello I just bought (and set up) a new DIR-825, but I'm having some small issues with it.

Issues:
1. I can't set the domain name I've registered, because I can't use dots, which every domain name (except the TLD's) has.
2. Why do my static DHCP clients have to be inside the address range of the DHCP pool? I have set static addresses for all my own devices (192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.199) and wish to have a dhcp pool at 192.168.0.200 to 192.168.0.249 for dynamic (guest) devices.

3. I can't set two 'virtual server' items with different public ports and the same private port. Interestingly enough, the error message is: "Port conflict with another public port", which is not the case. There also isn't another 'virtual server' config which is blocking this.

For example:
Name: SMTP
Public port:2525
Private port: 25

Name: SMTP2
Public port: 25

Makes the above error appear, but it should just work.

Wishlist items:
1. Support for adding different types of DNS Records. I need a SRV record because I have a Samba server as Domain Controller and then you need a SRV record so that clients can find it. And what about MX records? My previous router was a WRT54G with Tomato, which allowed me to add custom configuration to the Dnsmasq server. So I could add an SRV record like this:
srv-host=_ldap._tcp.vdvn.net,vdvn.net,389,0,10
srv-host=_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.vdvn.net,vdvn.net,389,0,10

2. I also used the custom Dnsmasq configuration to set my server as a PXE host like this:
dhcp-boot=pxelinux.0,gandalf,192.168.0.2

3. DIR-825 has DHCPv6 support, but no support to configure static clients, including support for AAAA dns records, which it's IPv4 counterpart does have.

4. AICCU support would also be nice, but I can live with my static IPv6 tunnel, since my IP address doesn't change regularly.

5. It would be nice if I could see the link speed of the WAN and LAN ports

6. Another thing that would be nice is traffic, like daily/ weekly/ monthly/ yearly download/ upload stats.

I know, I'm spoiled with the Tomato firmware, but it has some nice features which I think this D-link should support as well. :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 06:52:32 AM by Jaap-Jan »

Jaap-Jan

• Level 1 Member
Re: Issues with DIR-825 Rev. B1 2.01EU
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 12:01:43 PM »

To reply in my own topic: I've found some more issues:

I've configured a IPv6 in IPv4 tunnel to Sixxs and have my own subnet, but the RA's which are sent are incorrect. Looking with WireShark, the Router Advertisements being sent are for the link-local address fe80::/64, which, according to RFC 2461, SHOULD NOT be sent.

Screen capture of the RA:

Another useful advanced feature would be SSH access to the router. The DIR-825 uses Linux under the hood and I'm pretty sure it uses radvd. But unfortunately, I can't see if there's a configuration error in radvd.conf.

And why aren't dhcp reservations used for resolving DNS names?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:19:48 PM by Jaap-Jan »

sojomy

• Level 1 Member
Re: Issues with DIR-825 Rev. B1 2.01EU
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 07:51:28 AM »

3. I can't set two 'virtual server' items with different public ports and the same private port. Interestingly enough, the error message is: "Port conflict with another public port", which is not the case. There also isn't another 'virtual server' config which is blocking this.

For example:
Name: SMTP
Public port:2525

Name: SMTP2
Public port: 25

Makes the above error appear, but it should just work.

I am  having the EXACT same problem with a DIR-601 router.  My only variance is that it does correctly say that the conflict is with the Private port.  Did you (or anyone else) ever find a solution to this problem?  If not, you can keep checking my thread for updates too...

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13337.0

Thanks!