• April 19, 2024, 09:05:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: AP mode on WBR 2310  (Read 10184 times)

merf658

AP mode on WBR 2310
« on: January 01, 2009, 06:13:22 PM »

I have a WBR 2310 and want to enable AP mode which is possible in the setup. I Have firmware 105 and it does have a check box to enable this.  does the router have to plugged to my other router? and if so will it boost the signal when it is only six feet or so apart?

nlitell

• Level 1 Member
Re: AP mode on WBR 2310
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:34:38 AM »

Suggest you read pages 12-13 of the manual...

The point of AP mode in the WBR-2310 is to provide a new wireless access capability to a network where there is already another wired-access (Ethernet) router in place, but no wireless access. 

The instructions in the manual are relatively clear.  Essentially, you:
1.  Plug the 2310 into your computer and log in to the 2310's admin system.
2.  Change the configuration of the 2310 to make it an AP, and change the default IP address of the 2310.
3.  Disconnect the 2310 from your computer and plug it into the original Ethernet router. 

Now you have wireless access to the network that is otherwise controlled by the Ethernet router.

This has nothing to do with increasing the distance of the wireless signal reception, as your original question implied.  The 2310 is NOT a repeater, and cannot function as such.  All you do in AP mode is add wireless capability to an otherwise wired network. 

>Bridge Mode vs Relay vs Access Point (AP) / Routers vs Dedicated Access Points (AP)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:57:03 PM by FurryNutz »