• May 20, 2024, 03:28:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Printer Device ID Error for previously working printer  (Read 4020 times)

mcase

• Level 1 Member
Printer Device ID Error for previously working printer
« on: October 21, 2009, 12:27:48 PM »

Hello,

I purchased a DPR-1260 print server back in March '09 and up until a month ago had my HP Laserjet 2100 printer working perfectly.  I tried to print to it a month back and noticed that I wasn't getting any jobs through, so I tried to reset the print server manually using the button on the back.  At first, the print server would not even reset itself.  I left the print server completely unplugged from power and devices for a couple days.  When I went back to it after this time, I could now reset the device and established the wireless setup and connection between the router and print server again.

However, upon trying to go through the printer setup, I received the message "Printer Device ID Error" when trying to setup the HP again.  I tried connecting the USB to each of the ports, wondering if I had a port that went bad, but all 4 ports reported the same thing.  I went out and purchased a new parallel to usb cable thinking that maybe the one I had been using went bad, but that proved not to be the case.  I had been running firmware 1.21, but updated to 1.24 to see if that changed anything.

I even went so far as to look at my printer port settings and try to create a port setting for the print server manually, on the off chance I could send the print jobs to the device without having to go through the online setup (which I thought just created a file to do that very thing for the user.)

At this point I think my print server went bad.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has any other troubleshooting ideas as to what I can do.

Thanks.