• April 16, 2024, 01:54:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: System keeps booting  (Read 3975 times)

AlsRT10

• Level 1 Member
System keeps booting
« on: October 16, 2009, 04:56:47 AM »

I installed firmware 1.03 last weekend, went to backup all my files from my old computer to the 343. The following day I noticed that I was unable to access the unit. I tried to reboot it, but without success. I pulled the plug and restarted it. Now it just says system is booting. I pulled hard drive No.1 out and repeated the exercise. It connected but said that Volume 1 was degraded. I installed a new Hard Drive and now it tells me that it will take 23 hours to re-sync.
I never received any indication that the drive was damaged, as I tested all drives following the upgrade. Can anyone tell me if the email notification works, because I cannot get mine to work even with my providers help. This unit worked flawlessly since Dec of 2008, until now.

Dns 343, v1.03
4 x 1.5 Terabytes - Seagate

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: System keeps booting
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 03:00:43 PM »

Do you have the email notification setup properly and pass the test email successfully?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

AlsRT10

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 11:15:31 AM »

Soory for the long delay, I have tried to set up the email with different varriables, but it won't test okay. I provider is Bell Sympatico.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 03:41:36 PM »

Is the unit now working after the synchronization completed? As you the email notifications I would recommend setting up a gmail account for use with the DNS-343. I do not know if you email server uses a port other then 25 or requires ssl authentication. If it does then that may be why it is not working.

AlsRT10

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 03:45:40 PM »

The unit did start to work after the sync was completed, but I now have a number of issues with both of these units as you can see by the topics I have posted. I also noticed that on the last page of the LED readout that there is a long bar with the number 1 at the start. The first unit indicates 29% and the 2nd unit indicates 7%. What's this mean? The manual doesn't explain this at all.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 04:37:25 PM »

That is the volume and the percentage of it that is full. Yeah the updated manual has not yet been release since the latest firmware release.