D-Link PowerLine Adapters > DHP-701AV

New firmware does it work in the USA/Canada?

(1/1)

Leathal:
Just like the subject says.

FurryNutz:
I don't see one listed on the Canada site however since Canada and USA are in the same region, users can use FW between the two.

Leathal:
Sorry I meant to remove this thread. I posted it before asking if the P701AV firmware that you linked worked on the 701AV. I suspect not. Maybe you should create a new forum thread called DHP-P701AV. The only big difference between the two is the P701AV has MIMO while the normal 701AV doesn't. There is also no mention if the newer P701AV's are backwards compatible with the other models like the normal 701AV is.

RYAT3:

--- Quote from: Leathal on January 20, 2017, 09:02:20 AM ---Sorry I meant to remove this thread. I posted it before asking if the P701AV firmware that you linked worked on the 701AV. I suspect not. Maybe you should create a new forum thread called DHP-P701AV. The only big difference between the two is the P701AV has MIMO while the normal 701AV doesn't. There is also no mention if the newer P701AV's are backwards compatible with the other models like the normal 701AV is.

--- End quote ---

You shouldn't install anything other than the one listed for your device.

for example:
http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DHP-P701AV

FurryNutz:
The models are different. For forum purposes, I presume users can differentiate between them. I'll be sure to make note of it in the forum.
Not a lot of posts regarding either model in the forums.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version