• April 19, 2024, 07:54:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Freezing up every few days with firmware 1.20  (Read 13642 times)

dratifk

• Level 1 Member
Re: Freezing up every few days with firmware 1.20
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 07:06:08 AM »

I purchased this Router in replacement for a Belkin N Vision becasue I was having problems with my OOMA device (and needed DHCP reservation) and this device claimed to have better QOS. Well it does not and in fact has worse QOS. As many users here we have very complex networks and we thought we were buying a sophisticated  product to handle our networks. I have now spent numerous hours trying to trouble shoot problems.

Putting aside poor range on both 2.4 and 5Ghz and the poor QOS the main problem I have is network connection lost. I have a Video Survailance system which is designed to be accessed remotly from the internet. When I'm out of town this router looses comnnection and now I cannot view my cameras. Every 48 hour or so this problem occurs and I have to physicaly walk down to the basement and pull the plug and replug in. I've tried full reset and rebuild the router setting (doesn't work). Firmware update to the latest (doesn't help). I'm about to file some complaints and buy a new unit.

Yes this is their flagship product and it cost $300 but I don't have time to play this game. Can anyone suggest a great product that is rock solid and has DHCP reservation - cost does not matter.

lint

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 10:03:44 AM »

Same problem here. All features seem to work fine (dyndns, port forwarding, etc.)... until it locks up every day or two. Tech support sent a canned email which failed to help. Just about ready to send it back and go back to my Linksys.

firmware: 1.21NA

TallCool1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 10:38:54 AM »

Can you test to see if you disable the 5GHz radio (only) does this still happen? 

Can you test to see if you disable the 2GHz radio (only) does this still happen?

Thanks in advance for considering the test both of you :)

andywee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 08:02:56 AM »

mine locks up too.
i just get my home automation to power cycle the router every 12 hours for now.

thepand

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 07:02:08 AM »

We recently replaced a DIR-825 that worked well for a couple of years, but suddenly died, with a new 855 with firmware version 1.21NA.

Ever since, it's been driving me crazy, I thought it was something on our network, like inbound attacks or what not, and i've been pulling my hairs out trying to figure this out until I came across this topic.

Someone in another thread suggested disabling the DNS relay solves the problem. I just tried this now and will report in a few days if it is successful.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=7591.15

Adi

thepand

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »

Just wanted to report that ever since I made the dynamic DNS change in my previous post, our router has been freeze-free for 3 days! yay!
Pages: 1 [2]