• April 25, 2024, 01:16:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Possible to use without cloud service?  (Read 17128 times)

av_tiuk

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5222L - Possible to use without cloud service?
« on: March 11, 2013, 12:18:48 PM »

I am interested in using the DCS-5222L on a local network without an internet connection. I have read about the camera's use of the mydlink service, and am wondering if it is possible to use the camera without it. All I need to be able to do is view and control the camera through its own web interface, without an external connection. Is this possible?

Thanks

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-5222L - Possible to use without cloud service?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 09:16:03 PM »

I believe so....

You should be able to get to your home IP address (192.168.0.xxx) and browse the behind the scenes there...

I'm not saying DViewCam will work, but direct connection to camera should.

I've lost some Cable modem internet , but my router still holds my local connection to my cameras... (and I think my local connection through android mydlink app has held on my samsung galaxy tab 10.1)... I view for hours, so I'm sure it's local and not internet, as my cellphone starts disconnecting me after 1-2 minutes...

I haven't tried the bare minimum of "router" only...

Hopefully, someone else can share their XP.. (I'm only 3 months in)...

------------------------------

edit:

I had already signed into mydlink.com web app before my connection dropped....   so not sure how you could sign in without a connection... but you can get to the "setup" pages without it for sure using 192.168.0.xxx...and the rest of the link... DView cam eats too many CPU cycles on my dual core 6 year old machines to be worthwhile...

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:18:24 PM by RYAT3 »

Allen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 10:15:37 PM »

No problem!
You can connect your PC to DCS-5222L directly and use your web browser to aceess the DCS-5222L using its default IP - 192.168.0.20.

av_tiuk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 04:06:10 AM »

Thanks RYAT3 and Allen, I'll give it a try.

jjd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 07:46:28 AM »

You can also connect to your camera using the RTSP protocol.  A good application that supports rtsp is VLC.   You can connect to rtsp://<your camera's IP>/play1.sdp from inside VLC.  You can configure different URLs for different quality streams in the Setup->Audio and Video in Settings.

You can also connect to this remotely (i.e. not on the local network) if you properly setup port forwarding in your router.

Hope this helps.

av_tiuk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 08:29:14 AM »

You can also connect to your camera using the RTSP protocol.  A good application that supports rtsp is VLC.   You can connect to rtsp://<your camera's IP>/play1.sdp from inside VLC.  You can configure different URLs for different quality streams in the Setup->Audio and Video in Settings.

You can also connect to this remotely (i.e. not on the local network) if you properly setup port forwarding in your router.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, good to know.