• April 26, 2024, 02:35:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unsupported File format  (Read 6542 times)

mrwinky

• Level 2 Member
Unsupported File format
« on: January 10, 2009, 05:24:13 PM »

Buddy at work gave me one of these to play with, I've got a DNS-323 with all my AVI's on it. I can play them on the 360 no problem. But when I try on the dsm-510 I get an unsupported file error. I've tried looking at this fourCC's thing, but I'm confused on that as well. What do I need to set it to make it work?

When I open a file it says xvid for desription and DX50 for used.

Any suggestions?

Winky

DigitalUser

• Level 2 Member
Re: Unsupported File format
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:24:30 AM »

I have had success with "XVID" in both code and description. Anything with "DX50" has given me problems (axxo?).

The other thing is that the DSM-510 seems touchy with the MIME type. What media server are you using? I use mediatomb off of a NAS, too. The settings for the DSM-510 are well documented right in the config file, and are different from other DSMs.

If you happen to have a "distribution" running on your NAS (Debian?), there is the "cfourcc" package with the fourCC utility compiled to run right on the NAS. Might it is available on ipkg, too. Same for mediatomb.

Next, if your avi's play very jerky (only seem to refresh the screen at major scene changes), chances are the file was encoded with Global Motion Compensation (GMC). This player wants nothing to do with it. Same with Quarter Pixel (QPEL). It is supposed to be part of the MPEG 4 ASP (ADVANCED simple profile) spec, but no standalone that I know of plays them)

I would do the fourCC thing first, then go from there. Chances are changing both to "XVID" (uppercase, no quotes) will work. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

mrwinky

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 09:27:10 AM »

Its all aXXo that dont work, and I dont have an option to do xvid, in fourCC on them. How did you get them to play?

Winky

DigitalUser

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 05:03:08 AM »

If memory serves, there is next to nothing in the pick list, but you can _type_ "XVID" (no quotes) in the code and description. Maybe you have a different version...

mrwinky

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 05:57:59 AM »

I managed to try typing in the XVID. and it all worked..Thank you all. Now if I can keep it from telling me no response to the server. I would be a happy man :)

Winky

mboydstun

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 07:02:05 AM »

I have tried both DIVX in both boxes(manually type it in) and i have tried xvid(lowercase) in the top box and XVID(uppercase) in the bottom box. Both work for me.

pmjobe

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 02:27:29 PM »

Use the program called avic.exe ....it works good with changing the fourcc codes, just make sure both codes are the same, choose your movie put xvid or divx in for both codes and click apply........watch your movie......