• March 28, 2024, 04:55:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DNS 320L does not run after restart  (Read 13072 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS 320L does not run after restart
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 04:55:12 AM »

I am not sure what RMA is?
I used my waranty (in Czech republic where I live it is 2 years).
I send DNS back to seller now they have about 30 days to proceed my request.
Then I post the result here.

I'm glad you were able to exchange the unit through the retailer. D-Links RMA process (Return Merchandise Authorization), works well, but the end-user has to pay to ship the defective unit back to D-Link. To avoid the shipping cost, it's better to go through the original retailer/seller if that's an option for you.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Whipp

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 02:58:13 AM »

So here we go. Today I have got brand new DNS 320L.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 04:41:28 AM »

So here we go. Today I have got brand new DNS 320L.

Let us know how your replacement works.  ;)

Whipp

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »

Yes it is nice to have new one, but I put in it mine 2 hdds full of data and it seems to act strange:(
Connection to nas is not stable, I cannot set multimedia services and hard drive info says nothing

do I have to reformat mine hdds????:/

is it normal that my files page is empty, I cannot see firmware version, cannot upload or make backup of system settings? hdd configuratin button is not working...

is this a firmware bug or mine brand new nas is broken?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:49:29 AM by Whipp »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 06:33:54 AM »

Yes it is nice to have new one, but I put in it mine 2 hdds full of data and it seems to act strange:(
Connection to nas is not stable, I cannot set multimedia services and hard drive info says nothing

do I have to reformat mine hdds????:/

is it normal that my files page is empty, I cannot see firmware version, cannot upload or make backup of system settings? hdd configuratin button is not working...

is this a firmware bug or mine brand new nas is broken?

These two threads apply to the ShareCenter series as well as network cameras:

Network Cameras - IE11 Not Fully Compatible with All Network Camera Functionality
Network Cameras - Lost "Live View" After Installing Java Version 7 Update 51

cable2

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 04:17:50 PM »

Hi,
I am not sure how you had your hard drives setup, i.e., Standard, JBOD, RAID 1, or RAID 0,  but depending on the configuration, is it possible that you switched the drive positions in your NAS?  This would surely mess up JBOD and RAID 0.  Worth a try if nothing else works.  Good luck.

Whipp

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 02:32:09 AM »

No no I used same configuration as it was. HDD are in the same position. I do not want to format them I do not have where to store the data on them.:/

regi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 06:48:31 AM »

i nearly had the same problem today, after reboot no hard drives found

tried to shut down the dns through browser without success even though browser said the dns is shut down.

took a closer look, power led was off....the two ledīs for disk were still on, fan was not spinning

i didnīt want to risk anything by pressing the reset button as the dns would reboot with my disks still inside so i pulled the power plug, took out the drives, waited 10 minutes, reinstalled firmware 1.03, this time shut down worked, placed the drives back and loaded my settings backup......now itīs working again.......at the moment

if a newer better firmware doesnīt come soon iīll replace the nas with a better brand.....restoring over 5 tb justs takes too long

Whipp

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 02:39:31 AM »

I have written to dlink support, send them these pictures and got answer to return NAS and send it again to the dlink.
I am really angry about it. Have to buy new hdd and make backups:/ almost 2 tb of data, because you cannot put old hdd to the nas without re-formating it.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 04:36:06 AM »

I have written to dlink support, send them these pictures and got answer to return NAS and send it again to the dlink.
I am really angry about it. Have to buy new hdd and make backups:/ almost 2 tb of data, because you cannot put old hdd to the nas without re-formating it.

Out of curiosity, how were the HDDs originally configured (RAID-1, Standard Configuration, etc.)? I ask because it sounds like you don't have a backup, and if your data is critical, then you should maintain an independent backup.

If you are using RAID-1, please keep in mind that RAID-1 is NOT a backup.
DNS ShareCenter - RAID-1 is NOT a Backup

Whipp

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 12:03:01 AM »

I used Standard configuration one 250 GB HDD for TimeMachine (MBP is working so I do not care about them) and one 2 TB HDD as network drive for music, photos and study stuff. I thought that it is ok to put it in to the new (same type) NAS without formating the HDD. I have cloud backuped the photos. But the main NAS purpouse was to safely store other data as a backup.
I have to say this forum is great I can find almost all information I need so thumb up for it:)
Pages: 1 [2]